• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Gold

50 posts in this topic

Yep, there you go. I love getting little piles of GA books. Fun to figure out what they are. Often there are hidden surprises. The "Married" thread is a great place to post them. If you just want to sell them, the gay is a good place. Lots of people out there not on these boards search for parts. I'm often amazed what they can go for. A few months ago I sold an Action 15 just like yours for decent money. Somebody must have needed a centerfold...

Just now, Robot Man said:

Yep, there you go. I love getting little piles of GA books. Fun to figure out what they are. Often there are hidden surprises. The "Married" thread is a great place to post them. If you just want to sell them, the gay is a good place. Lots of people out there not on these boards search for parts. I'm often amazed what they can go for. A few months ago I sold an Action 15 just like yours for decent money. Somebody must have needed a centerfold...

What are the odds??! I'm sure you beat me to the only eager customer. It'll be another ten years before somebody needs that centerfold!  :baiting:

I bought a repro cover on the Bay for a coverless FF1 I have (even though that was a year ago and I still haven't married them - lazy!) and I recall the seller stating he could make numerous covers. Does this include golden age? I'd totally get one for some of the above mentioned books like Bats 47 and the Target 6 because of the cool Spacehawk story. 

Coverless can be fun, no worries about handling or damaging the book, and the potential to be Married is alluring.

i don’t have a lot of coverless, but I do have eight pre-Batman Detectives (all with nice paper) that I enjoy.

Big regret some years ago not picking up a coverless ‘Tec 28 for a grand. :cry:

3 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

coverless, but I do have eight pre-Batman Detectives (all with nice paper) that I enjoy.

Big regret some years ago not picking up a coverless ‘Tec 28 for a grand. :cry:

Think I sold 2 of my Tec #28's coverless missing 1st wrap for about $350 to $400 each on eBay years ago. Seller's remorse. :( I need a complete coverless Tec #22 if you are in the selling/trading mood.

47 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Think I sold 2 of my Tec #28's coverless missing 1st wrap for about $350 to $400 each on eBay years ago. Seller's remorse. 

Do pages from a book like that showing Batman in only his second appearance command anywhere near the premium that one page from 27 will fetch? Or would the drop-off make a single page not worth slabbing? 

57 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Coverless can be fun, no worries about handling or damaging the book

Totally. This hobby has become so frenzied I'm scared to read one of my bronze age Spideys in 8.0 or better.  (shrug)

Most of the books that I pictured in addition to any of the others from that era feature text stories which are fun to read. The Target 6 has a two-page text story with a partial origin of the White Streak. :whatev:

2 hours ago, PopKulture said:

I bought a repro cover on the Bay for a coverless FF1 I have (even though that was a year ago and I still haven't married them - lazy!) and I recall the seller stating he could make numerous covers. Does this include golden age? I'd totally get one for some of the above mentioned books like Bats 47 and the Target 6 because of the cool Spacehawk story. 

I've gotten some reprints, and separate covers from thethreeauctioneers on eBay, from time to time.  Sebastian is a good guy, does good work, and gets it out promptly.  He doesn't have every single cover, but it never hurts to msg him and ask.

33 minutes ago, fifties said:

I've gotten some reprints, and separate covers from thethreeauctioneers on eBay, from time to time.  Sebastian is a good guy, does good work, and gets it out promptly.  He doesn't have every single cover, but it never hurts to msg him and ask.

Never bought from them before. I just messaged them about the availability of a few covers. Thanks!!  (thumbsu

11 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Totally. This hobby has become so frenzied I'm scared to read one of my bronze age Spideys in 8.0 or better.  (shrug)

Most of the books that I pictured in addition to any of the others from that era feature text stories which are fun to read. The Target 6 has a two-page text story with a partial origin of the White Streak. :whatev:

I have never been scared to read any of my comics. I have some raw Church books I’ve read several times. You just have to know how to handle them and be real careful. I do like low grade and coverless books though. I feel a lot more comfortable with them.