• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Berkbridge Foundation - Questions Regarding Legitimacy
8 8

682 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

eBay customer service is currently closed to live phone calls. 

What a great time for automation...

If you'd like to dispute a requested return, press 1.
If you've received the March 12th edition of the Hartford Times instead of the item that was supposed to be returned to you, press 2.  
If you have any other issues with a buyer, press 3.
(on hold music)
Thank you.  Your appeal has been denied.  We at eBay appreciate your money, have a nice day!

33 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

What a great time for automation...

If you'd like to dispute a requested return, press 1.
If you've received the March 12th edition of the Hartford Times instead of the item that was supposed to be returned to you, press 2.  
If you have any other issues with a buyer, press 3.
(on hold music)
Thank you.  Your appeal has been denied.  We at eBay appreciate your money, have a nice day!

I emailed them about a delayed shipment to China utilizing the Global Shipping Program and actually found them quite helpful to both myself the buyer in their response. 

Things are going on.  I just had to call Fed Ex to see where my shipment from CLink was... it says it will be delivered today but it does not seem as if it left the distribution center on Long Island.  When I called CSR to see if it was actually going to be delivered today, it sounded like the CSR was outside, on his personal cell phone and it was windy. 

They are doing the best they can right now. 

I still wanted to leave the house today to take care of something and have elected to sit around until Clink order gets here. 

Edited by Buzzetta

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

eBay customer service is currently closed to live phone calls. 

Us little fish can't call. We're persona non grata,  but concierge still applies to their top sellers who can request a call back from an ebay agent and usually receive it within a minute or so.  Like Marie Antoinette said about the peasantry, "We can eat cake"!

31 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Us little fish can't call. We're persona non grata,  but concierge still applies to their top sellers who can request a call back from an ebay agent and usually receive it within a minute or so.  Like Marie Antoinette said about the peasantry, "We can eat cake"!

I knew something was up when I called Fed Ex today and I swear, the guy was outside on his cell phone.  I am guessing a lot of CSR centers are using a call forwarding service and their CSRs are also working from home. 

eBay CSR is based in the Philippines.  Anyone know where FedEd CSR is based?

6 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I wouldn't say that.  As far as I can tell, they are just continuing to get away with pretending to be a charity.

This appears to be the most logical assumption based on what we collectively know about the 0.1% we do know about the charity, and the 99.9% that we don't know and are unable to find. I can't think of any legitimate charities that appear to be so secretive. 

54 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

This appears to be the most logical assumption based on what we collectively know about the 0.1% we do know about the charity, and the 99.9% that we don't know and are unable to find. I can't think of any legitimate charities that appear to be so secretive. 

Or any legitimate charities with no other means by which you can donate.

There is absolutely no reason why someone would start a legitimate charity and then say the only way they will ever raise money is by running a comic book business.  Any real charity would have a social media / web presence through which they promote their good work, share stories of the people they've helped, and put their hand out for cash donations.

On 7/24/2020 at 6:16 AM, telerites said:

They do from what I see - https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/berkbridge

But from what I have read here, their feedback rating is not a good indication of their ethics.

I used to buy books from him (better to just call him by his name, Robert Jalali, rather than pretend there is any kind of real "organization" at work here) before realizing his charity was a fake.  He does all the right things that you'd expect a normal comic book dealer to do -- he ships fast, packs well, and you get the book you paid for.  The problem with Jalali is that he has completely misrepresented himself with what many of us believe to be a fraudulent charity.  To a lesser degree, some have expressed concern that his tactics could be a form of market manipulation, but that is much harder to show.  Besides, I do think this thread has helped put a significant dent in his business, which he deserves, thereby hopefully reducing the impact he's capable of having on the overall market.

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I used to buy books from him (better to just call him by his name, Robert Jalali, rather than pretend there is any kind of real "organization" at work here) before realizing his charity was a fake.  He does all the right things that you'd expect a normal comic book dealer to do -- he ships fast, packs well, and you get the book you paid for.  The problem with Jalali is that he has completely misrepresented himself with what many of us believe to be a fraudulent charity.  To a lesser degree, some have expressed concern that his tactics could be a form of market manipulation, but that is much harder to show.  Besides, I do think this thread has helped put a significant dent in his business, which he deserves, thereby hopefully reducing the impact he's capable of having on the overall market.

I wasn't even aware of the seller.  He doesn't sell anything I collect so has never popped up on a search.  Reading this thread has been enlightening in a sad way.  In case, anything does pop up that I may be interested in, I will pass.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:40 PM, James J Johnson said:

But you, sir, are most assuredly welcome...  :foryou: