• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers #1

23 posts in this topic

What's going on on the front cover? Is that moisture damage? Ink bleed? (causing that weird pink wave from Loki to Thor). If it's moisture damage, CGC generally hammers those hard. In my experience, mid grade books with moisture damage end up 3.0 or lower from CGC.

As it is, the general edge wear and dust shadowing are all consistent with VG/FN. IMO it's simply too much dust shadowing to be in the solid FN range. 5.5 on a good day, no worse than a 4.5, so a nice solid 5.0 is fair, obviously pending that pink wave issue. If it's moisture it's into the VG- range (but a beautiful copy).

Looks like some minor ink transfer from books either stacked against it or from interior inks bleeding through. 

CGC is usually easy on the top overhang as I have had a hulk 1 with similar issues grade out at 6.5. The crease along the spine will not allow a 6.5 but I believe this to be in the 5.5 range +/-  A press would help this book greatly.