• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAME OF THRONES: HOUSE OF THE DRAGON series (2022)
4 4

680 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2024 at 11:31 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

I don't watch the show. Was it much worse than Momoa/Clarke in the original show?

Ultra-explicit hummer with the receiver being exceptionally gifted at birth or more likely wearing a prosthetic.  Never seen that in any rated R movie, and never in any television show.

On 7/3/2024 at 11:46 AM, fantastic_four said:

Ultra-explicit hummer with the receiver being exceptionally gifted at birth or more likely wearing a prosthetic.  Never seen that in any rated R movie, and never in any television show.

Damn, that's crazy. Was the name of the episode "Boogie Knights?"

On 7/3/2024 at 10:46 AM, fantastic_four said:

The Deuce. Chock full of it. 

Posted (edited)

He's dead, right?  Seemed obvious, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Also I asked last week if Alicent understood what Rhaenyra was saying--seemed like she didn't, entirely, since she was asking that guy if he knew who Viserys intended to be his heir.  And I kinda forgot why she wouldn't understand it--Viserys had only told Rhaenyra about the Song of Ice and Fire since kings passed it down to their heirs.  Rhaenyra didn't have time to tell the whole story to her, so I'm not sure why she would know exactly what he was talking about in his dementia.

So is Alicent just confused all around as opposed to not caring what Viserys's actual intent was?  Seemed in this episode like she was confused and looking for the truth.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 7/7/2024 at 10:53 PM, fantastic_four said:

He's dead, right?  Seemed obvious, but I wasn't 100% sure.

I would say 100% he's gone. The traitor was sheathing his sword (knowing he didn't need to finish him) when The Hand came walking up.

Posted (edited)

So is Aemond king now? I doubt this is a spoiler from the novel, but it MIGHT be, so I edited the post to hide it:

Spoiler

In the novel he died before Aegon and he was never king, so if Aegon is dead then this is new content.  Aegon was incapacitated in the book for a while and Aemond ruled in his place as he recovered.

I can't think of any reason that Aemond isn't king now, except one--did their army see what Aemond did?  They were right there in plain sight over the army, and I thought Aegon may have died in the air from Vhagar's flame.

I think I need to go back and watch that scene again leading up to when Aemond orders Vhagar to roast Aegon.  My immediate thought was why is he doing that RIGHT in front of the army?  :jawdrop:

Edited by fantastic_four

On 7/8/2024 at 8:47 AM, ThothAmon said:

Cmon bruh. Please don’t give spoilers for things that haven’t occurred yet. 

Who did that?  If you mean me, what I just detailed what happened with Aemond and Aegon in the book that can't possibly happen now.

On 7/8/2024 at 8:11 AM, fantastic_four said:

So is Aemond king now?  In the novel he died before Aegon and he was never king, so this is new content.  Aegon was incapacitated in the book for a while and Aemond ruled in his place as he recovered, so I can't think of any reason that Aemond isn't king now, except one--did their army see what Aemond did?  They were right there in plain sight over the army, and I thought Aegon may have died in the air from Vhagar's flame.

I think I need to go back and watch that scene again leading up to when Aemond orders Vhagar to roast Aegon.  My immediate thought was why is he doing that RIGHT in front of the army?  :jawdrop:

Not sure. I thought the Targaryen were immune to fire?    Anyway, I guess Aegon shouldn't have made fun of him at the brothel..  

On 7/8/2024 at 9:51 AM, fantastic_four said:

Who did that?  If you mean me, what I just detailed what happened with Aemond and Aegon in the book that can't possibly happen now.

Twas you discussing the book. No big deal of course but I haven’t read it and trying real hard to not be exposed to spoilers. Since you brought it up we haven’t seen a definitely DEAD king Aegon yet have we?

On 7/8/2024 at 10:03 AM, WolverineX said:

Not sure. I thought the Targaryen were immune to fire?    Anyway, I guess Aegon shouldn't have made fun of him at the brothel..  

They're not all fireproof are they?  Didn't Rhaenys's daughter commit suicide by Vhagar's fire in season one?

I've never been clear on how Daenerys was fireproof or if it extended to all Targaryens, only some of them, or what.  If it works like the rest of genetics then some Targaryens would be fireproof and some wouldn't.  I thought Rhaenys got roasted in one scene in this episode, but she made it through.  Did her dragon's body shield her, was she fireproof, or was she just completely lucky?  I couldn't tell.  They did show signs of smoke on her face and armor after it happened.

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 10:13 AM, ThothAmon said:

Since you brought it up we haven’t seen a definitely DEAD king Aegon yet have we?

Not 100%, and if he's fireproof then perhaps he's not dead if Sunfyre somehow took the brunt of the fall.  He fell in trees, so it's possible the dragon hit the tree limbs, slowed the fall, and maybe Aegon only fell a dozen or two feet.  it did seem like Aemond thought he was dead since he sheathed his sword, but Aemond could also be wrong.

But Aegon's dragon Sunfyre was definitely dead wasn't he?  Rhaenys's dragon Meleys ripped his chest open, and he fell quite a ways.  But maybe next episode we find that it was mostly a flesh wound and the trees cushioned his fall.  (shrug)

Now I'm definitely re-watching those scenes again to see if there was anything more definitive about what happened to Aegon and Sunfyre, and where it happened relative to where the army was.  My guess is that Ser Criston knows EXACTLY what Aemond did, but we'll see.

Edited by fantastic_four