• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GAME OF THRONES: HOUSE OF THE DRAGON series (2022)
3 3

522 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2024 at 9:32 AM, Bosco685 said:

It's a huge cast. So it gets confusing.

Jon killed his Targaryen relative. Not his sister. He is then sent back up to The Wall to guard against the remaining Wildlings that may have not joined against the undead so as to appease the Unsullied.

Not surprised that gets a little twisted. But to me it's a good thing attributed to the breadth and depth of the GoT world.

By my calculations, she was both his half-sister and his aunt.  I think it is safe to assume any wildings on the other side joined the army of the dead.

On 5/25/2024 at 12:38 PM, shadroch said:

By my calculations, she was both his half-sister and his aunt.  I think it is safe to assume any wildings on the other side joined the army of the dead.

The Army of the Dead would have had to circle through the north woods for years to gather all of the Wildlings. Part of the complaint with the show wrapping up in eight seasons. As supposedly GRR Martin wanted 10 seasons and the Night King battle not taking place until that last season. 

What could have been.

I never read the books, but I think the show went a season too long. Honestly, I wasn't a fan of Snow.  It seemed like he made and broke a pledge or a vow once or twice a season.   

On 5/15/2024 at 9:51 PM, alexgross.com said:

the lack of any comments here for around half a year speaks volumes about how disappointing this show was, at least to loyal original GOT fans like myself. i know it's between seasons, but that didnt stop fans of the original from commenting at length.

i very much wanted to like this show. i was underwhelmed each episode, but i liked the female lead in the first several episodes enough to keep watching her. then they replaced her and several other actors with slightly older actors, abruptly, and the next ep was my last one. 

the jon snow sequel being put on the shelf is most disappointing, as at least i had hopes that that one might be decent. just seeing kit harrington as snow again would have been fun unless it was awful. 

I think there was too long between GOT and Dragons.  A lot of the excitement for the series/franchise died waiting so long between them.  I think the same thing would happen with the Jon Snow series (or really any other spin-offs).  People, apart from the die hard fans, have moved on.

You can look at Walking Dead to see it.  Massive show, beloved characters.  Too much time off between the original and spin-offs.   Maggie/Neegan and Rick/Michonne series both suffered from the super long "layoff".   Heck, I don't even think I saw a thread about the Rick & Michonne show.  

House of the Dragon Renewed for Season 3

HBO has renewed its original series House of the Dragon for Season 3, just days before the second season is set to premiere. Anticipation is building for the return of House of the Dragon to HBO and Max, with Warner Bros. Discovery calling on fans to choose between Team Green and Team Black in the family war of the Targaryens. Of course, House of the Dragon is a spinoff of Game of Thrones, with both stories coming from the mind of author George R.R. Martin. Luckily, fans don't have to worry about what the immediate future holds for House of the Dragon as HBO is keen on continuing its story through at least Season 3.

"George, Ryan, and the rest of our incredible executive producers, cast, and crew, have reached new heights with the phenomenal second season of House of the Dragon," said Francesca Orsi, Executive Vice President, HBO Programming, Head of HBO Drama Series and Films. "We are in awe of the dragon-sized effort the entire team has put into the creation of a spectacular season two, with a scope and scale that is only rivaled by its heart. We could not be more thrilled to continue the story of House Targaryen and watch this team burn bright again for season three."

On 6/18/2024 at 9:00 AM, chrisco37 said:

For real!  That was a vicious ending.  

When you hear them hacking away, what I envisioned happening made me a little nauseous. But reminding myself this is a work of fiction.

Still... :sick:

Edited by Bosco685

On 6/18/2024 at 11:28 AM, Bosco685 said:

When you hear them hacking away, what I envisioned happening made me a little nauseous. But reminding myself this is a work of fiction.

Still... :sick:

not going to lie. I went upstairs and made sure my son was safe in his bed after the episode ended. 

On 5/25/2024 at 10:38 AM, shadroch said:

She would have been his aunt - his father was her oldest brother. Basically, the Targaryens are/were hillbillies with dragons. 

I guess I am in the minority on this show. I find it significantly weaker than the original GoT. I don't know if it is the writing or the cast, but it is not as engaging as the first show. I knew what was coming in the season opener and thought it was done poorly. No guards at the doors to the living quarters during a time of war? Or at least at all of the stairwells accessing that level? 

Also, Matt Smith sucks as the antagonist. I was not a fan of his as Dr. Who, and he is not changing my opinion in this show. If I did not know what happens, I could not care whether he lives or dies. Same with the rest of the cast. It is a step down from the GoT cast.

On 6/18/2024 at 12:36 PM, shadroch said:

In Episode 1 of the new season, it is explained that the 700-foot wall wasn't built to keep out the wildings. 

Definitely not the wildlings, as they climbed it with ease. GoT showed what it was meant to keep out.