• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade Iron Fist 14

20 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie so hello.

As a novice grader, I'd appreciate some advice on how this book would grade. I have a pretty good idea but again, I'm new at grading. confused-smiley-013.gif

Any questions, please let me know and thanks for looking. grin.gif

50c1f9e2.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5a4de3c7.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Jeffro -

Looks like a sweet copy - just a tiny bit of blunting / tip bend to the ULBC and that one little spine tick dead center - I think you can count on a 9.4 sumo.gif

gossip.gifDoes this issue have a Marvel Value Stamp? gossip.gif

I'm not an expert in trimming, but something looks terribly wrong with that book. Looks like trimming on the right and bottom...then again I'm not familiar with the cut of this book...

Opinions?

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Yes, the value stamp is still there.

About the trimming? I have no idea. I'll have to compare it with other similar era books and see if anything looks really wrong.

About the trimming? I have no idea. I'll have to compare it with other similar era books and see if anything looks really wrong.

Jeff - Where did you get the book? What do you know about its provenance? Is it an OO book? etc. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd say 9.2 because of the spine ticks on the back.
Perhaps, but I think the ticks are very light, and may pass the 9.4 test . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's a sharp copy hi.gif

As to trimming - couldn't say without seeing it in hand grin.gif

Jeff - Where did you get the book? What do you know about its provenance? Is it an OO book? etc. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I purchased it at least 12+ years ago at a con here in CT. Other than that I have no idea about its provenance. frown.gif

Forgive my ignorance but what does "OO" mean?

I purchased it at least 12+ years ago at a con here in CT. Other than that I have no idea about its provenance. frown.gif

Forgive my ignorance but what does "OO" mean?

If you bought it at a Con than there is no assurance whatsoever that the book hasn't been trimmed - why do you think they call them cons? 27_laughing.gif

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie so hello.

As a novice grader, I'd appreciate some advice on how this book would grade. I have a pretty good idea but again, I'm new at grading. confused-smiley-013.gif

Any questions, please let me know and thanks for looking. grin.gif

50c1f9e2.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I think the book looks fine. It's a pretty tight cover left to right, and the top/bottom alignment is often a touch off. Here's a scan of my copy for reference:

IF14.jpg

and another copy:

IronFist14s.jpg