• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going rates on being a noob on the boards
2 2

221 posts in this topic

On 9/18/2019 at 6:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

one things for sure...

This just fills my head with all sorts of bad ideas for things to pass the time on the LIRR.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:50 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

He put you on ignore like a majority of other long time members because you are incapable of relenting your opinion even when people show you blatant facts that you are wrong...but I digress you have aged well over time. As a matter of fact regardless if you care or not, you are quite endearing at times and...cough...cough intelligent.

hm I did tell him that once.  But he was so busy fighting everyone he overlooked it.  Better to simply ignore.  I tried to find it, but the thread seemed to be MIA most likely scrubbed due to the constant nonsensical arguing going on. 

23 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

hm I did tell him that once.  But he was so busy fighting everyone he overlooked it.  Better to simply ignore.  I tried to find it, but the thread seemed to be MIA most likely scrubbed due to the constant nonsensical arguing going on. 

I try to be nice to him...to the point of being obsequious, but like you said, better to set to ignore

7 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I dont make topics to antagonize that particular poster.

I make topics because I want direction in this hobby.

(thumbsu:foryou:

You wouldn't post certain topics if user didn't expose your ulterior motives tho. Isn't that correct?

You always say he/she is wrong but then you post a topic that proves you're wrong. Doesn't make sense to me.

Didn't you also say "thanks for the advice even if I didn't ask for it"? And you admitted that you get angry at people. You're never consistent or transparent. Always backtracking and trying to fit in instead of being genuine.

Edited by Taneleer Tivan
Some typos.

4 minutes ago, Taneleer Tivan said:

You wouldn't post certain topics if user didn't expose your ulterior motives tho. Isn't that correct?

You always say he/she is wrong but then you post a topic that proves you're wrong. Doesn't make sense to me.

Didn't you also say "thanks for the advice even if I didn't ask for it"? And you admitted that you get angry at people. You're never consistent or transparent. Always backtracking and trying to fit in instead of being genuine.

I dont think that's entirely accurate.

I didnt have ulterior motives.

With that particular poster I am never asking advice, so if that poster says the same advice as someone who's advice I seek than there is a good chance I will be resilient to heeding it.

Yes I do try to fit in because I am pre noobescent when it comes to this hobby

And if I am wrong I promptly admit it

And when it comes to questions of transparency, why would I make a post that puts me in a bad light if I wasnt transparent?

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I dont think that's entirely accurate.

I didnt have ulterior motives.

With that particular poster I am never asking advice, so if that poster says the same advice as someone who's advice I seek than there is a good chance I will be resilient to heeding it.

Yes I do try to fit in because I am pre noobescent when it comes to this hobby

And if I am wrong I promptly admit it

And when it comes to questions of transparency, why would I make a post that puts me in a bad light if I wasnt transparent?

You're not being obsequious then. You're antagonizing someone when you're asking an open forum advice (or claiming that you accept advice) and selectively ignoring based on your emotions rather than logic. Are you not?

You want to fit in, but you want to call out a single person as to separate them from the pack? Do you not see the hypocrisy?

You made that topic because you thought you were right. You even claimed that he/she is wrong. It looks like you were wrong, correct?

You ACT like you're playing nice until it gets to the nitty gritty. Then you reveal your true nature and it's disturbing IMO.

I'll go back to my shell and let you think about this.