• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 1
6 6

298 posts in this topic

I'm the greatest grader ever!!! Orrr..... I kinda got luck on the second book. I "thought" I saw a flaw that looked like it would be a 9.4, but I was afraid it might just be scanner dust or a case scratch. If it was, the book looked like a 9.8 So I cut my losses and guessed a 9.6 so I'd only be 1 grade off whether it was a 9.4 or 9.8

2 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

Don't think it was staple wear, just gloss from the cover.

And the scuffs and scratches were on the case.

scuffs on case should be mentioned.  This is a grading game, not a guessing game.  As far as staple wear-

Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 7.17.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 7.18.11 PM.png

7 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I was aiming in the 7s on the second book, until I started noticing that the wear and smudging I saw were identical on both covers. Seemed like there was a good amount of scanner schmutz.

OMG clean the scanner glass NOW! :roflmao:*

Edited by vheflin
*this post can officially be ignored

3 minutes ago, WPPJames said:

I'm going to be the first whiner and say if over 25 people got this right, then I'm glad I now understand the rules of engagement. CGC Census DB here I come.

I have some 9.8s of this book too. :shy: 

If we were grading scanner smudge I demand everyone that guessed 8.5 or below get a bullseye and anyone guessed more than that get -2.

Sorry about the smudges and whatnot. :foryou: 

I didn't even think about the scanner glass until I had around 30 grades all 9.2-9.8 and then someone guessed 7.0.  Then I thought...uh oh. :fear: