• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bone #1 1st print...a little help, please grade

4 posts in this topic

I've got a recent run of early Bone issues, but I actually feel more comfortable grading bronze/silver age books than I do moderns. So hopefully you folks can help me out with some grades on a few modern Bone books. I'll try to list them in Divad's requested grading format.

Bone #1 front & back - Visible defects - one light stress on spine even with the letter "B", very light corner wear at spine..possible rubbing along spine(or is that a printing defect?)

Bone #5 - worse condition of the lot - about 8 light spine stresses and the black cover doesn't help. Oh yeah, the line along the top of the book is not a tear, but an indention with color loss.

Bone #6 - No significant defects that I can see....oh, except of course the Jeff Smith autograph, which to me is not a defect..but would possibly be considered if/when selling or submitting to CGC...so how about a Qualified Grade, please..

somehow lost the images while editing the post...see next post after nikos for images.

Bone #1 - 9.0 at best.

Spine ticks,

URC small color flake

Color fade running down the spine

Bone #5 - 8.0 at best because it is a Modern

Bone #6 - Q 9.4

Bone #1 -- 9.0 the corners are a little soft

Bone #5 -- 7.5 the color breaking indentation, spine stresses, etc.

Bone #6 -- 9.2 Hard to see, but the corners look slightly blunted.

Nice books, though, and I'm still interested. hi.gif