• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Warren Magazine Runs V2, Creepy Time.......Recap of Available Page 1
6 6

563 posts in this topic

This thread has put a hurting on my PCH budget for the month lol

Honestly though, these mags will see jumps in price in maybe 10-15 years just like PCH books are seeing now. All that quality material, especially covers? Get them now while you can still afford them. 

Edited by Annihilus

35 minutes ago, Annihilus said:

This thread has put a hurting on my PCH budget for the month lol

Honestly though, these mags will see jumps in price in maybe 10-15 years just like PCH books are seeing now. All that quality material, especially covers? Get them now while you can still afford them. 

PCH demand was an organic process with collectors creating the demand out of love of the genre and investors coming in later. Hopefully the magazine market follows a similar path otherwise it won’t be sustained.

Someones got to love these things first for their content if their value is to hold.

Just sayin’...

I think there is plenty to love, with some of the greatest comic creators of that or any other time.  The format is what's always held them back.  If these were standard comic book size of the period in color, they would have seen their boom long ago.  If they never boom, that's okay too, as I always buy what I like.  :cloud9:

6 minutes ago, N e r V said:

PCH demand was an organic process with collectors creating the demand out of love of the genre and investors coming in later. Hopefully the magazine market follows a similar path otherwise it won’t be sustained.

Someones got to love these things first for their content if their value is to hold.

Just sayin’...

Oh for sure. I'm just saying, speaking as someone who loves these mags, buy them now while you still can.

I love PCH and bought a bunch about ten years ago...I couldn't afford those books now. If you love Warren mags and can afford to get them now, I'd recommend doing so. 

I'm buying them for the love, but am convinced they'll eventually be unattainable in high grades just like PCH because they are so awesome. 

6 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

I think there is plenty to love, with some of the greatest comic creators of that or any other time.  The format is what's always held them back.  If these were standard comic book size of the period in color, they would have seen their boom long ago.  If they never boom, that's okay too, as I always buy what I like.  :cloud9:

True and both magazines and their much older ancestor the pulp have been aided in recent years by  having a healthy comic book market. There’s a number of crossover with both genre and creators in comics and magazines. Marvel magazines having key or first appearances in them certainly has helped lift the formats profile. High tides are lifting all boats right now. 

The Frazetta work is also gaining a steady fan market for all things Frank...

Edited by N e r V

6 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

Yup. Buy what you love and you'll never go wrong. And these will boom. 😉

29 minutes ago, Annihilus said:

Oh for sure. I'm just saying, speaking as someone who loves these mags, buy them now while you still can.

I love PCH and bought a bunch about ten years ago...I couldn't afford those books now. If you love Warren mags and can afford to get them now, I'd recommend doing so. 

I'm buying them for the love, but am convinced they'll eventually be unattainable in high grades just like PCH because they are so awesome. 

Warren is top notch for the covers and content but issues in Mid-Lower HG have had a hard time bucking price hurdles I believe due to "Warren Warehouse Copies" from the 80's.  It will happen eventually just has been longer in the tail.  Where true VF/NM 9.0+ issues have commanded a higher price due to less of the early pre #50 issues being in this condition.

Skywalds, Stanley's and especially Eerie Publications on the other hand have had stiffer pricing in the solid Mid-Lower HG arena simply due to the scarcity of those books in any type of decent grade.  Though since there is such a dearth of them in HG (being sold at least) there are not many great price points on record for them except for here and there raw sales.

1 hour ago, Stevemmg said:

True Dat