• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clerks 3
2 2

56 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2022 at 7:13 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I can't find out ticket prices now, seems hard to find for some odd reason, but this is still getting a theatrical release, correct? I mean it's cool their doing a q qnd a though :)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220828-191111_Facebook.jpg

Fathom Events had it for only $16, so maybe :wishluck: 

From the opening notes of a pop-punk anthem set against a familiar series of events, you can feel that Kevin Smith has been reflecting on his life and legacy quite a bit, and, if you are fan, you are about to embark on a highly emotional, nostalgia-fueled journey right alongside him. We find ourselves back at the QuickStop, the place where it all began for the “View Askewniverse” and for Smith as a creative figure. We have the crudely scribbled anti-shoplifting sign at the register, the Chewlie’s Gum display, and even the mid-afternoon break for hockey on the roof. Sure, the RST Video has gone the way of most video stores in the era of streaming, but the replacement storefront is an obvious evolution if you know anything about Smith or the characters in his universe. Outside of a few key developments, it is as if we have not missed a beat in the nearly 30-year-old franchise.

Smith has always said that this film is meant to be the concluding chapter of this story, and the journey he takes the audience on will not soon be forgotten. O’Halloran and Anderson in particular are given some of the most challenging material of their career to which they mostly rise to the occasion. The ending of this film is absolutely stunning, putting an oft-repeated phrase from the series into a new context. Clerks III would have been very different if Smith had never had his heart attack; this is a film made by a man who is aware of the tenuousness of life. Taking stock of your life in front of your entire fanbase leads to some self-serving reminiscing, but when you deliver a thesis this impactful to an audience rooting for your success, things are likely to work out just fine. 

Lionsgate, in partnership with Fathom Events, will be releasing CLERKS III exclusively in theaters starting September 13th through September 18th.

7.0/10

Set up to see this in an hour. Glad there were no spoilers in this thread, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned seeing it lol

Looking forward to it, although I checked times at the theater and it didn't have them any longer after Thursday of this week. I panicked and bought tickets for tonight. This will be my first Kevin Smith experience in a "theater!" Idk where I was the rest of my life to have watched everything else either on cable or dvd, but 🤣 anyway 💕

I just didn't know this time was such a limited engagement, unless I'm reading into it, and also, every showing yesterday through Thursday was only one showing per day. (shrug)

Cathartic, but more so for the actors involved, but still a good time to the hardcore fan.

Basically a live action to the making of and what it's built into, to round out the legacy of this particular customer. Like if chasing Amy or any of the other non "clerks" needed Kevin Smith it would be on, or even for something new. Bringing back the old hopefully to inspire the new kind of cathartic.

It did feel lethargic in parts but knowing real life through the media for most of the key players, it was well rounded.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I finally got to this last night. I really didnt like the first hour of the film except for a 
couple of funny parts. However the last 30 minutes I really enjoyed. Rosario Dawson
giving up some time to do this shows you how much of an effect he had on some 
of these actors. Clerks, Mallrats and Chasing Amy will be forever for me classics. 
It could have to do with my age at the time, but I still laugh when I watch them. 
The end with Kevin Smith talking was fantastic as well. I miss him protesting his
own films as well like Dogma nobody does that anymore. 

Take some time out of your life and watch this especially the last 30 minutes of 
flashbacks. What a great ride some of his films have been.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 11/14/2022 at 8:46 PM, fastballspecial said:

I finally got to this last night. I really didnt like the first hour of the film except for a 
couple of funny parts. However the last 30 minutes I really enjoyed. Rosario Dawson
giving up some time to do this shows you how much of an effect he had on some 
of these actors. Clerks, Mallrats and Chasing Amy will be forever for me classics. 
It could have to do with my age at the time, but I still laugh when I watch them. 
The end with Kevin Smith talking was fantastic as well. I miss him protesting his
own films as well like Dogma nobody does that anymore. 

Take some time out of your life and watch this especially the last 30 minutes of 
flashbacks. What a great ride some of his films have been.

It was fun! I didn't stay for the Kevin Smith solo interview type stuff at the end :(

However it seemed the same build up to the flick that I had seen several times. Kevin really thanked us a lot lol

That's not a bad thing, but I was done. The flick at the beginning seemed to be jolting, but clearly some actors and characters were already in "clerks mode" more than others at the beginning. But that isn't directing or anyone's fault. You could really tell, their real personalities where in front of the camera, which is what made all the movies good.

Just some seemed to live the clerks life and it showed. It was written well, and some characters and people playing the parts are either natural for the role or they've moved on to being in nostalgia mode instead of clerks mode.

That might all sound like ramblings, but everything was good, except maybe the concubine for evil thing lol

As that w as just "trying", probably not even trying to hard but did make me cringe for whatever reason. It kind of wound up at the other way at the end. But a joke that lasted the whole film that was meh