• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

for those of us that also collect wrist watches and like Godzilla

18 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Why is this "sad"...?

not to bore you with horology if it's not your cup of tea, Seiko and Grand Seiko are kinda storied watches in the history of it all. Having a "Godzilla" Grand Seiko is beyond tacky. Just my lousy opinion.

1 minute ago, Foley said:

If you scroll down, you'll see the movement visible through the case back.

1405188463_Screenshot2019-10-10at20_24_50.png.ff734d533d26383e67d7a97c59e01b25.png

Thx I was like wtf

I hate being in wtf mode

3 hours ago, kav said:

Ps whoever designed that it looks like tyranasaurus not Godzeela

Something a watch geek said over where those geeks hang out:

The strength of the Grand Seiko watch is met with the power and force of the king of monsters and with it a brand new creation in the sport collection is born. 

The creature makes its fierce presence on the watch in a number of ways. Godzilla's signature roar and the "heat ray beam" that it shoots from his mouth to strike his opponents is expressed in the rays of the red dial. 

59 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Nice-looking watch and colour scheme.  Very conventional chronograph design.

not a fan of the power reserve on the dial, however, always nice when someone doesn't dismiss a Seiko cause "it's a Seiko."

9 minutes ago, NoMan said:

not a fan of the power reserve on the dial, however, always nice when someone doesn't dismiss a Seiko cause "it's a Seiko."

I actually really like their watches.  I have a Fifty Fathoms homage chronograph.  More budget-priced than that one, though.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

I actually really like their watches.  I have a Fifty Fathoms homage chronograph.  More budget-priced than that one, though.

Oh man those Blancpin Fifty Fathoms (the original French Navy scuba-issued model) are something else. I've got to turn off the computer now and walk in circles....

Edited by NoMan

On 10/8/2019 at 9:49 AM, NoMan said:

not to bore you with horology if it's not your cup of tea, Seiko and Grand Seiko are kinda storied watches in the history of it all. Having a "Godzilla" Grand Seiko is beyond tacky. Just my lousy opinion.

No worse than the beloved Snoopy Speedmaster 

7 hours ago, NoMan said:
7 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Nice-looking watch and colour scheme.  Very conventional chronograph design.

People that dismiss Seikos don't know anything about horology IMO. They're the same type of people that wouldn't know the difference between a Patek Calatrava and a Daniel Wellington quartz.

Do you ever read The Watch Snob over at askmen.com? His stuff is as much satire as it is serious, but he knows his watches, and speaks very highly of Grand Seiko.

51 minutes ago, Foley said:

People that dismiss Seikos don't know anything about horology IMO. They're the same type of people that wouldn't know the difference between a Patek Calatrava and a Daniel Wellington quartz.

Do you ever read The Watch Snob over at askmen.com? His stuff is as much satire as it is serious, but he knows his watches, and speaks very highly of Grand Seiko.

They STINK! :ph34r: