• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books so nice you bought them twice!
5 5

91 posts in this topic

So genius that I am, went and won this copy of All True All Picture Police Cases on the right, and when I went to put it in the box, found that I already had a copy  9_9

However, given that I buy them to read, discovered that the contents were completely different in each, so it was good after all.

All True Police Cases.jpg

18 minutes ago, fifties said:

So genius that I am, went and won this copy of All True All Picture Police Cases on the right, and when I went to put it in the box, found that I already had a copy  9_9

However, given that I buy them to read, discovered that the contents were completely different in each, so it was good after all.

First of all, thats funny.  But the contents are different!??!!

4 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

First of all, thats funny.  But the contents are different!??!!

That's the case with EC as well.  Giants from these publishers are often re-bound remainders from prior print runs. 

4 hours ago, adamstrange said:

That's the case with EC as well.  Giants from these publishers are often re-bound remainders from prior print runs. 

I don't believe, "often"; rather I would suggest "always".  Fox did it all the time.

2 hours ago, fifties said:

I don't believe, "often"; rather I would suggest "always".  Fox did it all the time.

It's not always.  For St. John, the giants that were part of a regular series, such as Authentic Police Cases 25-28 or Pictorial Romances 17-20, were not rebound books as far as I know... although they are at least partially reprint.