• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boards much more calmer now
5 5

287 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2019 at 5:37 PM, revat said:

I would say name calling and arguing in general in the entire world at large inevitably leads down an ideological or political rabbit hole much more now than it did before.  And for that reason, ironically people are a little bit more circumspect about invectives in this community, AND mods are a little more apt to get involved at an earlier stage.  And/or people get all their aggression and stress out in other avenues.

With that being said, if you want some adversarialness, there's some to be found in the Movie section.  I think the Captain Marvel thread should do the trick.

* Please note:  The above statement, while mentioning politics, was not actually politics, nor was any political opinion expressed.

I believe everyone I have on ignore stems from that one thread.  Prior to that there were only 2 people I ever put on ignore, and one of you (in this thread) I did in fact stop ignoring recently as I forgot what exactly it was you did to get on my last nerve.

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

1 minute ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

I believe everyone I have on ignore stems from that one thread.  Prior to that there were only 2 people I ever put on ignore, and one of you (in this thread) I did in fact stop ignoring recently as I forgot what exactly it was you did to get on my last nerve.

Yah I actually don’t remember who was who in the argument anymore, but I remember it got heated.  

8 minutes ago, revat said:

Yah I actually don’t remember who was who in the argument anymore, but I remember it got heated.  

I had to check my block list and didn't recognize one of the names, turns out that little millenial twerp changed his board name.  >:(

11 hours ago, COI said:
On 10/22/2019 at 8:01 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

And as a result, the newbs who were prone to nonsense, pettiness, deception, grifting, or just shameless self-promotion would be weeded out and would leave voluntarily, knowing their BS wouldn't be tolerated here. Those who stayed were put through the crucible and emerged better board members because of it...you, me, everyone. 

It's almost as if taking feedback from the environment and examining and modifying one's behavior based on that feedback, allows for better social integration. As opposed to, you know, joining a group, not having your immediate feelings and needs met, and assuming the problem is with the group and not with you.

What's the word for that? Oh yeah, socialization. 

Valiant efforts gents that will sadly fall on deaf ears.