• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite "Did you know?" fact about comics or comic creators?
2 2

136 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, kav said:

He just better watch himself, his sentences, and his deals!!!

Oh yeah, his deals are horrible

Adamantium (buyer) "Hi I would like to invest my hard earned money in a pipe dream your selling"

Sellers Wife "Fred its Adamantium on the phone"

Seller "RIP him off for something and tell him I'm busy"

Edited by Hollywood1892

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

Well let's have it

Fine....

He refunded me right away in July. I got the refund and everything's fine. PayPal then refunded me twice when the guy refunded. When they were reapplying one of the refunds, it said I owed it immediately instead of January. By the next statement period I had called PayPal 4 times to get the extra refund that I owed applied to January. September was the month that I originally owed the Dell Otto guy, PayPal changed the correct refund to owe the Dell Otto guy half the refund and owe the other half amount less from Dave and Adams! Head scratcher right? I pm the Dell Otto guy the statement on PayPal, he said he'd refund again if it went through on his end, since the half he was getting paid belonged to Dave and Adams website. I just paid the statement but I believe that the Dell Otto guy got half his money, and save and Adams website got the other half less....

I called PayPal, they've been told and I wash my hands if this whole year!

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Fine....

He refunded me right away in July. I got the refund and everything's fine. PayPal then refunded me twice when the guy refunded. When they were reapplying one of the refunds, it said I owed it immediately instead of January. By the next statement period I had called PayPal 4 times to get the extra refund that I owed applied to January. September was the month that I originally owed the Dell Otto guy, PayPal changed the correct refund to owe the Dell Otto guy half the refund and owe the other half amount less from Dave and Adams! Head scratcher right? I pm the Dell Otto guy the statement on PayPal, he said he'd refund again if it went through on his end, since the half he was getting paid belonged to Dave and Adams website. I just paid the statement but I believe that the Dell Otto guy got half his money, and save and Adams website got the other half less....

I called PayPal, they've been told and I wash my hands if this whole year!

Del Otto virgins are hot moderns

I totally forgot what comic it was 

You know I have never had a problem on ebay, but this was facebook though, right?

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

Del Otto virgins are hot moderns

I totally forgot what comic it was 

You know I have never had a problem on ebay, but this was facebook though, right?

It was supposed to be a Dell Otto remark done by him in Italy. I've gotten one back from before, but it was his fault first, PayPal second. 

The cover to Batman 366 was actually a commission to one, Todd Reis, it was discovered by Len Wein who edited Batman at the time, which decided to work a whole story around it just to feature that cover in the comic. 
Todd Reis is a favorite among many comic book artist, he used to create these AMAZING 3D renderings off of comic book covers and swap them for art pieces from artists such as Simonson, Kirby, Staton, Wrightson, and many many others

9543EBC1-E01C-43C4-9D19-D4D58818C26B.thumb.jpeg.5e79dc8fb3d4b8a8c23a4a2e57942e68.jpeg

23 hours ago, RCheli said:

I love trivia -- especially comic trivia -- and the more odd and obscure the better. I'm not talking about what was the first appearance of some minor character that nobody cares about, but something that's really interesting that a lot of comic fans don't really know. (I liken it to the Miracle on Ice hockey game in the 1976 Winter Olympics. Most people assume it was for the gold medal, but not only wasn't it the final game of the Olympics, even after beating the Soviets, the United States still had a chance to not even medal if they had lost their next game.)

So here's mine for comics: Alex Schomburg is Puerto Rican. His real full name is Alejandro Schomburg y Rosa, and he was born and raised in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, moving to New York City when he was in his early 20s. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Schomburg, and his name doesn't scream or even whisper Spanish/Hispanic, so I was really surprised when I found out.

How about you?

Actually my favorite fact is that William Moulton Marston, the creator of Wonder Woman created the systolic blood pressure test which became a component of the lie detector, hence the picture of Wonder Woman taking a lie detector test on Wonder Woman 53 ;) 

But when I googled Alec Schomburg, I also found all of this :)

https://www.jpost.com/Arts-and-Culture/Arts/The-sad-story-of-Siegel-and-Shuster

Edited by skypinkblu
typo