• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Copper Age Newsstands!
15 15

686 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Spawnfreak said:

Oops! Sorry. Had in same folder. But if you ever see one, please let me know!

I have not seen a Direct Mark Jeweler's and I know a few people who have been hunting these for years, which is why I asked as that would have been a first I heard of or saw. 

Still congratulations on the rest! 

3 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have not seen a Direct Mark Jeweler's and I know a few people who have been hunting these for years, which is why I asked as that would have been a first I heard of or saw. 

Still congratulations on the rest! 

Thanks! I have never seen one, been wondering, don't think one exists.(shrug)

26 minutes ago, Spawnfreak said:

Thanks! I have never seen one, been wondering, don't think one exists.(shrug)

So far none have been found ( that I know of) and they were supposed to be distributed outside of the direct market.

That said there have been some errors of double covers where a direct cover was found over a newsstand and vice versa.  So it stands to reason that there may be an error or one off out there.  

Maybe a newsstand/direct double cover with a Mark Jeweler's Insert just waiting to be discovered. hm

I live in an area with a large collection of military bases and housing so I frequently stop by local shops, flea markets, second hand shops, yard sales, storage unit sales, etc , digging to see what I can find. Have turned up several Foreign books, and a few Mark Jeweler's over the years, but always keeping an eye out. 

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

FOR THE SAKE OF THE CAUSE AND SO PEOPLE DON'T FORGET lol

A Canadian Mark Jeweler, but once again not direct, but only 2 that I know of :foryou: 

GetImage.aspx?c=3285552&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

That looks way way better than a 6.0 , you was robbed🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

That looks way way better than a 6.0 , you was robbed🤣🤣

Well to be fair we can't see the inside or back. 

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

FOR THE SAKE OF THE CAUSE AND SO PEOPLE DON'T FORGET lol

A Canadian Mark Jeweler, but once again not direct, but only 2 that I know of :foryou: 

GetImage.aspx?c=3285552&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

Thank you for the addition.  Agree with Foggy presents way better. What does the back look like? Do you have grader notes? 

4 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Well to be fair we can't see the inside or back. 

Thank you for the addition.  Agree with Foggy presents way better. What does the back look like? Do you have grader notes? 

I don't have the notes, yet it's my book and I have a pic of the back but I checked and it's not the best. I'll get it up in a sec. Looks like a crease along the back. When I sent it in the seller and I both agreed on 6.0 it was structurally sound and I just wanted to see if it'd get blue label to confirm it came off the press that way 

If you look at the bottom of the back pic and see the spine and follow it up, you basically see the whole spin which is probably why I thought it was satisfactory at the time lol

But that white back drop doesnt help hahaha

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't have the notes, yet it's my book and I have a pic of the back but I checked and it's not the best. I'll get it up in a sec. Looks like a crease along the back. When I sent it in the seller and I both agreed on 6.0 it was structurally sound and I just wanted to see if it'd get blue label to confirm it came off the press that way 

Completely understand.  That's what I figured.  There are some books that present way better than their grade, but open them up or turn them over and the grade becomes more apparent. Dust shadows, creases, stains, etc . Still a beautiful copy and with the way these were distributed they usually did take a beating. 

After looking at your pictures I still think it could upgrade with a squish, as they were harsh on it. The back is a lot brighter than I imagined when you first posted the front. 

They have been dinging any pressable defects more since they have the in house service.  :cry:

Still regardless it is an awesome book considering the Mark Jeweler's and Canadian. Congratulations (thumbsu

Picked these up this week. Both 4th print one Newsstand ( decent high grade) the other is the stickered newsstand definitely lower grade, but haven't really found a really high grade 4th print stickered newsstand yet. 20210213_151827.thumb.jpg.fb76d84d8c71e7a27403f46e37318863.jpg