• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Most ridiculous comic panels of all time?
12 12

2,671 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, kav said:

You can do or you can talk about doing.  Not both.
People that bend everyone's ear about their great plans have used up all the energy that would be needed to actually DO.
I've seen this happen over and over again.

You are correct. I've witnessed it for years and it goes against my entire creative philosophy. But many people use their field as a sort of prop to promote themselves, not their work- the work itself becomes secondary to them, talking about the work. The people who get s*#t done seldom ramble on about themselves. 

3 minutes ago, D2 said:

this always bothered me... I love Kubert, some of his work is legendary... but do these claws look a bit, extended, to you?

RCO034.jpg

Well he was drinking more milk back then so...

3 minutes ago, D2 said:

this always bothered me... I love Kubert, some of his work is legendary... but do these claws look a bit, extended, to you?

RCO034.jpg

They ALWAYS looked like that in the nineties; I don't think anyone could take that logically or seriously, the same way many character's capes are all over the place. 

49 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

They ALWAYS looked like that in the nineties; I don't think anyone could take that logically or seriously, the same way many character's capes are all over the place. 

Good call - 90’s capes ? Yuck - Insert ANY picture from the first 50 issues of Spawn here...plus every woman had the physique of Jenna Jameson , which as a young teen wasn’t terrible :x

55 minutes ago, D2 said:

RCO034.jpg

When retracted he cannot bend arms as they retract up to his shoulders.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Ps why bone?  WHY?   Bone needs blood supply.  Antlers, boys-horns or somethin.  Come on now.

So here’s the thing, if you’ve ever read the Hama/Kubert run from 75 to 90, it’s pretty good. Wolverine is vulnerable and human again. The art is sensational stuff too, even with this silliness... but I totally agree with you. I think it would have been even cooler if Wolverine didn’t have any claws after Magneto ripped out his adamantium.

The bone claws were stupid. Cool in concept, poor in execution. 

Edited by D2

23 minutes ago, D2 said:

So here’s the thing, if you’ve ever read the Hama/Kubert run from 75 to 90, it’s pretty good. Wolverine is vulnerable and human again. The art is sensational stuff too, even with this silliness... but I totally agree with you. I think it would have been even cooler if Wolverine didn’t have any claws after Magneto ripped out his adamantium.

The bone claws were stupid. Cool in concept, poor in execution. 

Most likely the writers think horns are made of bone.  

2 hours ago, D2 said:

RCO034.jpg

My God... if he retracts these claws they'll come out behind his elbow.

And.... did a butterfly just land on one claw?  Awwww.... it's a Patch Adams moment.

Just now, gadzukes said:

My God... if he retracts these claws they'll come out behind his shoulder.

And.... did a butterfly just land on one claw?  Awwww.... it's a Patch Adams moment.

FTFY

12 minutes ago, kav said:

Biggest failing of comic book writers is no science knowledge whatsoever.

Don’t get picky Kav - it’s hard enough finding guys who can write an ongoing pictorial soap opera without rewriting a characters history , you can’t mix chemistry and physics with that 

Just now, Old_Man_Adam said:

Don’t get picky Kav - it’s hard enough finding guys who can write an ongoing pictorial soap opera without rewriting a characters history , you can’t mix chemistry and physics with that 

:pullhair:

Jim Shooter is known for being outspoken about writers lacking any general science knowledge.

I avoided all of that X stuff in the 90s' as much as I could but I'd be surprised Larry Hama lacked some degree of knowledge about anatomy as he's such a renaissance man. Then again, and I don't mean this in any flip manner or tone, he might have just been like, "it's comics, it's escapism, we don't need to think that deeply about this stuff" which I would also concur with

14 minutes ago, wisbyron said:

Jim Shooter is known for being outspoken about writers lacking any general science knowledge.

Thank god someone in the business recognizes and speaks on this.  It would be easy to have a science advisor.