• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's GREEN LANTERN show (2021?)
3 3

128 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2024 at 9:43 AM, eastriver400 said:

I read John Hamm is back in the running.  I'll take anyone who will draw in more viewers.   More viewership = more CB productions.   

I think the key is to make good CB productions, not the stuff that was pumped out fast with little thought that we have been seeing for a few years now. It does not matter who the actors/actresses are if it is bad script to begin with.

On 9/16/2024 at 3:05 PM, kimik said:
On 9/16/2024 at 11:43 AM, eastriver400 said:

I read John Hamm is back in the running.  I'll take anyone who will draw in more viewers.   More viewership = more CB productions.   

I think the key is to make good CB productions, not the stuff that was pumped out fast with little thought that we have been seeing for a few years now. It does not matter who the actors/actresses are if it is bad script to begin with.

Correct. 

When we watched Iron Man back in 2008, nobody thought going forward that RDJ was going to be the ultimate Tony Stark and leaving a legacy that would be hard to follow. 

Nobody thought Keaton would be a great Batman. 

This really is the way to do it. Craft your art masterfully and create a vision from scratch. 

I believe that using well known names to push the brand's popularity is backwards, and some part of the backfiring we're seeing with Comic Book movies is because of this. 

Think Eternals with Angelina Jolie. Never watched it. Never will. Yikes. 

On 9/16/2024 at 3:05 PM, kimik said:

Oh yes. Script foremost no doubt.  And I believe Gunn has been very clear that he shares our sentiment.  That said, the viewership has to be there.  I hate to admit it may be a hard sell for many after all the mishandling of the DC mythology all these years.  I have serious hope though.