• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG - Soft Cases?

6 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Did CGG originally produce only soft cases (no hard exterior)?

I thought I read this once but can't find a reference on the web anymore. Anyone know a date related to that? Probably the inception of the company.

Have there been any fakes discovered? It looks like it would be easy for someone to do.

The one I received has a much smaller label and the CGG logo is different than the hard case version (no world behind it, just the letters).

Does this jive? And does the CGG identification number provide any info on the material type used (company name, soft vs.hard case, etc)?

Thanks

Pat

I don't think it would be easy to fake. Since I own a few of the original "soft" cases, I can verify that even though I didn't like their flexibility, they were heat-sealed on all four sides. When I split them open to resub to CGC, they didn't easily separate down the seam and required X-acto surgery.