• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3,000,000 posts countdown for the Comics General forum!
4 4

465 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Fun factL Bissette and Totleben actually started on issue #16...four issues before Moore's run began. Each of those issues has the same delightful, eerie art that would characterize the Moore run. #10 is John's first issue in the run.

I love...love love love love....Totleben art. There's something magically visceral about it. 

Without hitting the like button;that's some good comic talk.My dad loved Swamp Thing,one of the few 'super-hero' books he'd bring home.More of a Sgt Rock,Cracked magazine ,Conan fan.

There are few things more perfect in comics than Swamp Thing #21-64. The art is perfection, the story is perfection. It's the best of the era.

Without Moore's Swamp Thing, there would never have been a Sandman.

Without Sandman, there never would have been a Vertigo.

I like to think I'm not in this one way or the other, and in some peoples minds as it's being put, I am :( 

I didn't realize though 3 million posts in comics general = Swamp Thing....

But if that's how off topic this is all going down too, then I'm out :ohnoez: 

Spoiler

someone want to pernts me ??? or is it all of a sudden about the comics that posted 3 mil posts and a polite thank you! :shy: 

It's getting hard to believe that the newcomers are wrong, but I've been wrong before :foryou: just stick to the Holiday Cheer!

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

78104.jpg.821a9a3ab334bd2c9a94563eecec81eb.jpg

Here's a Wolvie post for you if Swamp Thing aint your thing :foryou:

Swamp Thing is fine, there is about 3 mill of slabs of IH 181 so that works too!

I'm with putting it all aside, but no one changes, it all seems what's the word? Dreary and Hopeless.......

I'll result in pernts if the thread gets locked, I just want to be able to post without it becoming WW 3 around here :foryou: 

21 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

There are few things more perfect in comics than Swamp Thing #21-64. The art is perfection, the story is perfection. It's the best of the era.

Without Moore's Swamp Thing, there would never have been a Sandman.

Without Sandman, there never would have been a Vertigo.

If I ever hunt down another 9.8-there were a few Conan my dad bought me off the stand I have as rags now I tracked down-this would be it.Later in the run,but I had my OO copy framed on the wall for years,even when I wasn't actively collecting.Masterpiece of mood

794197.jpg

Why would the thread get locked?Everyone is being civil,I see no need.Lots and lots and LOTS of threads go off topic around here,right? lol How many of the 3 million posts were ON topic?

The days of pernts are long gone.

6 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

If I ever hunt down another 9.8-there were a few Conan my dad bought me off the stand I have as rags now I tracked down-this would be it.Later in the run,but I had my OO copy framed on the wall for years,even when I wasn't actively collecting.Masterpiece of mood

794197.jpg

Love that cover.

Also love this one:

s-l1600.jpg

:whatthe: That's a real good one to have though!Thanks,I lucked into this one,no B.W. art in it,so a more affordable issue.Sweet to get a black cover so nice,I jumped at the chance.And it was a decade ago,so prices were more in reach.

3 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

That is killer. I have a # 2. Only one I have from the series

WeirdToftFuture-2-fc.thumb.jpg.3.jpg

Such a classic.And this one presents great,looks safely readable too. :cloud9:

3 minutes ago, slym2none said:

My posts there were jokes. Nothing more, pardons if anyone took them seriously.

:foryou:

-slym

You know that I know you better than that I think!

Spoiler

Ha,you thought it was a spider I bet :foryou:

43 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
45 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Fun factL Bissette and Totleben actually started on issue #16...four issues before Moore's run began. Each of those issues has the same delightful, eerie art that would characterize the Moore run. #10 is John's first issue in the run.

I love...love love love love....Totleben art. There's something magically visceral about it. 

Without hitting the like button;that's some good comic talk.My dad loved Swamp Thing,one of the few 'super-hero' books he'd bring home.More of a Sgt Rock,Cracked magazine ,Conan fan.

I have some Sgt Rock comics that have back up features drawn by Bissette and Totleben. Veitch too. It's fun to see their earlier stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

I have some Sgt Rock comics that have back up features drawn by Bissette and Totleben. Veitch too. It's fun to see their earlier stuff. 

Now I gotta find out which ones. I probably have them. Do you know what they are off the top of your head?

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
10 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Now I gotta find out which ones. I probably have them. Do you know what they are off the top of your head?

No. I'd have to go digging