• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, jokiing said:

IMO there is no difference between bagged/unbagged/direct/newsstand except for the obvious price scan vs Spidy head and web color which appears in all versions....  If you can send bagged book or book and bag separated to CGC for grading that would be the only way to get the poly label..... although they didn't witness the book coming out of the bag so not sure if removing is an option with no other indicators.

Right...I don't want to unbag them (even though, admittedly, even THAT isn't proof, because bags can be resealed) because I don't see any other physical difference.

Silly Marvel. Should have printed the price on the bag and not the book, like the silver (of course, then people would have taken them out of the bags, and then total chaos, cats and dogs, living together, etc.)

There IS a difference between the obvious ones, and that difference is price: the silver and direct green are worth more, sometimes quite a bit more, than their "regular" counterparts.

14 hours ago, SteviaComics said:

Anyone else not seeing their order in their CGC account?

Books were delivered to CGC 2.5 weeks ago according to USPS, but I haven't seen any email confirming that CGC has received my books. I also don't see anything on my "Submission Tracking" tab.

Did you right "TM" on all sides of the shipping box when you sent it? That's the only thing that I can think of, of why it isn't in the system :wishluck: 

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Right...I don't want to unbag them (even though, admittedly, even THAT isn't proof, because bags can be resealed) because I don't see any other physical difference.

Silly Marvel. Should have printed the price on the bag and not the book, like the silver (of course, then people would have taken them out of the bags, and then total chaos, cats and dogs, living together, etc.)

There IS a difference between the obvious ones, and that difference is price: the silver and direct green are worth more, sometimes quite a bit more, than their "regular" counterparts.

By "direct green" do you mean bagged or all with Spidy heads and "regular" meaning Newsstand?

1 minute ago, jokiing said:

By "direct green" do you mean bagged or all with Spidy heads and "regular" meaning Newsstand?

No, I'm referring to the bagged vs. unbagged. The direct green has the same "grey" webbing as the newsstand green. The direct BAGGED green has the purple webs.

If the bagged UPC had purple webs, we wouldn't be having this conversation. ;)

Dang it.

This direct green has the "poly-bag removed" notation. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDER-MAN-1-MCFARLANE-CGC-9-8-NM-M-Green-Edition/401717158594?hash=item5d883562c2:g:VdEAAOSwjedcdbdZ

And this direct (purple web) has no notation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spider-Man-1-1990-CGC-Graded-9-8-Todd-McFarlane-Story-Cover-Art/312755189266?hash=item48d1a97612:g:jd4AAOSwP3JdZYU1

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Is this just bad labelling from CGC? Just trying to learn the differences.

24 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

No, I'm referring to the bagged vs. unbagged. The direct green has the same "grey" webbing as the newsstand green. The direct BAGGED green has the purple webs.

If the bagged UPC had purple webs, we wouldn't be having this conversation. ;)

Dang it.

My few direct green (no bag) have both "grey" and "purple" webbing versions.... bought new so am sure the "purples" didn't slip out of bags. My direct bags are all "purple". What a mixed up world...

Edited by jokiing

Just now, jokiing said:

My few direct green (no bag) and have both "grey" and "purple" webbing versions.... bought new so am sure the "purples" didn't slip out of bags. My direct bags are all "purple". What a mixed up world...

It would not surprise me AT ALL that some of the purples ended up among the unbagged Direct editions. It's a total cluster. My direct bags (also original owner) are all purple, so far as I know, but the terribly unfortunate problem with the bags is that there's no way to know if a book came out of....or went INTO...a bag after the fact. Sigh. I wish I'd been a lot more diligent about the details when these came out, but I graduated high school the week before, so I had other things on my mind.

At least with the silver, there's no question: no price = bagged, and no newsstand editions.

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

Not sure if I missed it or not...but what is the actual day/days that Todd will be signing the books?

CGC never said, it's just have the books in by the 9th of December, no further pinpoint of the "the date" of signing.....

Just now, joeypost said:
9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC never said, it's just have the books in by the 9th of December, no further pinpoint of the "the date" of signing.....

So its 3 or 6 weeks from...

lol that's the catch I think, it's confusing, but I would assume the 9th but again I don't think anyone has any idea.... :( 

I could call for you because I need to call about my sub too :foryou: give me a minute :) 

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
6 minutes ago, joeypost said:
15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

So its 3 or 6 weeks from...

lol that's the catch I think, it's confusing, but I would assume the 9th but again I don't think anyone has any idea.... :( 

I could call for you because I need to call about my sub too :foryou: give me a minute :) 

The did say they promised 3 and 6 weeks, but the deciding dat of started TAT was not disclosed to the customer service rep....

So I have no idea lol

I sent books in last week via 3 day Priority and the post office is doing a fine job not delivering.  :frustrated:   Package was delayed, then showed up in Jacksonville on Saturday morning. System then updated to note a delivery of today 12/9.  I was thinking I was in the clear but now the tracking systems states "In Transit, Arriving Late"  :censored:      Jacksonville is like 3 and a 1/2 hours from CGC,   

I'm bummed that I'm going to miss the cut off.  

On 12/7/2019 at 2:57 PM, Cman429 said:

I sure hope they pick up packages on Monday. I sent a box next day mail yesterday and just got a notification from USPS that the package was “undeliverable” and now won’t redeliver until Monday. FML.

Service rep today said, that as long as the have them in hand by end of day today the 9th that your good for the signing. :wishluck:

They said the had thousands of books, whenever they can get Todd in there to signed, so not sure when the 3 and 6 weeks TAT start

He has to sign soon, like this week, according to his own sales pitch for the event. He mentioned in one of his videos or posts that 'some submitters may even receive their books back before Christmas'. Granted, he's just being a salesman saying something like that. Anyone receiving their books before Christmas seems a stretch, even if he started signing them today.  I expect he'll sign before week's end though.

11 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

He has to sign soon, like this week, according to his own sales pitch for the event. He mentioned in one of his videos or posts that 'some submitters may even receive their books back before Christmas'. Granted, he's just being a salesman saying something like that. Anyone receiving their books before Christmas seems a stretch, even if he started signing them today.  I expect he'll sign before week's end though.

What if... just what if... he's been signing this whole time as they come in, and that's why some are already marked received lol

I can dream hahahaha

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Man that took a long time to load lol but I wonder what "announcements" that they could make on "social" :)hm or why social? instead of email? (shrug) 

Good PR to post pictures on social media of having the Todd-father signing in-house. Good to have confirmation though that the signing will occur THIS WEEK!  :headbang:

Edited by Legion HQ