• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Ask Greggy!"™ !!!!

1,835 posts in this topic

Dear Greggy, have you ever thought of expanding your wealth of knowledge to fortune cookies?

Sweet thread killer. A musky whiff of stupidity with a subtle undertone of racial hostility. :golfclap:

Are you serious? I think some people try really hard to find things to complain about.

I will admit that it struck me as a bit off color at first, but I really doubt there was any latent hostility. Like many posts, my own included, it just wasn't thought out before the submit button was selected. Diarrhea of the keyboard and constipation of the brain, if you will.

I'm glad I can't automatically pick-out supposed "racist" undertones from innocent comments. That would be pretty annoying. Intended racial commentary or not, PC is BS. I for one would probably die laughing if I opened up a fortune cookie and it simply said "dork".

I agree, because that would be funny. As for the other: mole hill > mountain.

BTW... I'm all about political correctness.

Dear Greggy, have you ever thought of expanding your wealth of knowledge to fortune cookies?

Sweet thread killer. A musky whiff of stupidity with a subtle undertone of racial hostility. :golfclap:

Are you serious? I think some people try really hard to find things to complain about.

I will admit that it struck me as a bit off color at first, but I really doubt there was any latent hostility. Like many posts, my own included, it just wasn't thought out before the submit button was selected. Diarrhea of the keyboard and constipation of the brain, if you will.

I'm glad I can't automatically pick-out supposed "racist" undertones from innocent comments. That would be pretty annoying. Intended racial commentary or not, PC is BS. I for one would probably die laughing if I opened up a fortune cookie and it simply said "dork".

Fair enough...it was just that shocking to me that someone could extract racism out of that post somehow...but I'm done derailing now (thumbs u

I'm glad I can't automatically pick-out supposed "racist" undertones from innocent comments. That would be pretty annoying. I for one would probably die laughing if I opened up a fortune cookie and it simply said "dork".

There was nothing to pick out. It was right there. You don't have to agree with me and I respect that. It's my opinion and nothing else. I thought it was rude. greggy doesn't need me to defend him. Plus I have made comments based upon his heritage as well. To me, you'd better know some one to a certain extent before you break out that material. Again, just my opinion. I just hope no one ever comes in here with a real mad-on for long-haired video game programmers. ;)

Fair enough...it was just that shocking to me that someone could extract racism out of that post somehow...but I'm done derailing now (thumbs u

Uh , fellows , ......you crack open a fortune cookie to get an answer or guidance on a topic . Apparently that is what this "Ask Greggy" thread is .I think that was all ?

Anyway , isn't there only one race that gets upset about racial undertones ??

I'm glad I can't automatically pick-out supposed "racist" undertones from innocent comments. That would be pretty annoying. I for one would probably die laughing if I opened up a fortune cookie and it simply said "dork".

I just hope no one ever comes in here with a real mad-on for long-haired video game programmers. ;)

That would be fine with me. I have no problem with anyone saying whatever they want about me, people that look like me, people that act like me, people that smell like me, etc. As long as it's just words and they aren't outside keying my car or burning me at the stake, then I'm capable of either laughing at myself or ignoring it when it's just stupid. Anyways, agree to disagree...I'm sorry I derailed the thread at all in the first place (thumbs u

5. There is more than one of him

:o ... :( ... :cry: ... :eek:

I've got the old 2002 version out in the cavern doing prescreens.....,

Anyway , isn't there only one race that gets upset about racial undertones ??

Apparently you missed the "Mexican comic book at Wal-mart" thread. That one was a crack up, and begged for further commentary...., about the comments of the commentators..., :lol:

a querry for greggy...

which is better, a nice frosty 20oz coke zero, or a nice frosty glass of rum and coke (shrug)

Coke Zero by a mile

I wasn't even thinking anything racial some people think to hardcore. I was just thinking about how people are coming to him for advice...no harm intended. Sorry

Dear greggy,

Which event will occur first...... Flaming_Telepath posting some more sweet books from the USAF Mildenhall collection, or him actually getting within 25 kilometers of Kelly Brooke? hm

25 kilometres