• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Haven't left a negative feedback on eBay for a long time....that may be changing soon.

63 posts in this topic

As someone mentioned earlier - definitely a drop shipper. Could be an honest n00b mistake. (If his drop ship company is based in the US, he could be incorrectly assuming that is the shipping location.) 

I would send him a note letting him know that the item isn't shipping out of the US as stated and see how he responds, but don't leave neutral or negative until the seller has an opportunity to explain.

2 hours ago, Transplant said:

There are so many sellers drop shipping from China that I assume anything on Ebay related to a new phone accessory is coming from China.  It's just to easy to buy a comparable product Amazon nowadays.  

Amazon was the first place I checked.  It's a discontinued case that I really liked, and the only place I could still find it for sale was eBay.  Although now I'm doubting it will be the right case.

I don't mind if a seller is drop shipping from China if they're up front about it.  Their listing specifically said the items location was California. 

17 minutes ago, Gravin said:

As someone mentioned earlier - definitely a drop shipper. Could be an honest n00b mistake. (If his drop ship company is based in the US, he could be incorrectly assuming that is the shipping location.) 

I would send him a note letting him know that the item isn't shipping out of the US as stated and see how he responds, but don't leave neutral or negative until the seller has an opportunity to explain.

I sent him a message asking where the item was shipping from and got no reply.  This was not an honest noob mistake and they appear to be doing the exact same thing in different countries.  If the correct item arrives, I won't be leaving a negative.  But I will likely leave a neutral with a notation that the seller is drop shipping from China, even if he does reply to me and explain.  Others need to know about these sellers.  If someone had let me know in the feedback, I wouldn't have wasted my time with it.  As it is, I'll probably have to buy a different case from somewhere else for my new phone while I wait for this on to arrive.

Edited by Domo Arigato

33 minutes ago, slym2none said:

If you are buying something you need in less than 10 days, you see an ad for said product that says it will be to you in 5 days, you buy it, and it arrives 6 weeks later, there's a problem.

(shrug)

-slym

If I was buying a phone case for under $15 I wouldn't sweat on it because a quality phone case like an otterbox is in any tech outlet, so if I really needed it that bad then I would just walk down to my local shopping outlet, and wouldn't worry to much about it.

:gossip:

-Holly

Edited by Hollywood1892

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

If I was buying a phone case for under $15 I wouldn't sweat on it because a quality phone case like an otterbox is in any tech outlet, so if I really needed it that bad then I would just walk down to my local shopping outlet, and wouldn't worry to much about it.

-Holly

Then what I said doesn't apply to you.

-slym

30 minutes ago, MR SigS said:

For comic books too?

I think the problem stems from the location the seller stated he was shipping from, California, if I order something from Califirnia I expect it to be shipped from California.

But we submit our books to CGC for slabbing and have to wait a lot longer than 6 weeks.

It would depend on what mood I was in when I received the book I guess.

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

-Holly

but then your wasting your money what will you do with the case that arrives 6 weeks later? Also not sure about your but I put my new phones in cases right when I buy them to avoid scratches or drops without protection as I usually resell my phone 2 years later when I upgrade. 

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I think the problem stems from the location the seller stated he was shipping from, California, if I order something from Califirnia I expect it to be shipped from California.

But we submit our books to CGC for slabbing and have to wait a lot longer than 6 weeks.

It would depend on what mood I was in when I received the book I guess.

I think the point and issue for the OP and most people is that shipping should be noted and not hidden that if a product comes from somewhere else than the listing as you expect a certain time for items.. if you need something as Slym2none mentioned you expect it to arrive usually within that time frame otherwise you would be looking at different sellers or shipping charges etc.. 

Amazon prime is a great business model around this. People pay extra to get things at certain times.. if prime started to state oh we are in NA but this product is shipping from China on ground shipping but you can pay me extra for the prime feature of getting it in a few days and this doesn't happen wouldn't you be upset? 

6 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

-Holly

I researched a lot of different cases and this was the one I liked best, so I went searching for it.  It's a quality phone case that used to cost a lot more, but it appears to have been discontinued and this was the only seller I could find offering it.  If the seller had been honest about where it was shipping from, I probably would have looked for a different product and seller.

Also, not everyone lives where they can just walk down to the local shopping outlet to buy stuff like this.

The seller just got another neutral feedback stating "Seller sent product that wasn't as described". :facepalm:

Looks like I need to start shopping for another phone case.

5 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

The seller just got another neutral feedback stating "Seller sent product that wasn't as described". :facepalm:

Looks like I need to start shopping for another phone case.

Send the seller your profile pic.... :whatthe:

That'll do it!

4 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Contact ebay and open a case about the case...

Damn I hope it doesnt turn into a case about a case about a case-

6 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Negatives and neutrals are rolling in for the seller fast and heavy now. :ohnoez:

EbaySeller.thumb.jpg.f91f62365bcd80d3c6c3f9717e83b3d2.jpg

I've purchased a few ebay items from China and they can take up to 2 months to be delivered. I only had one that never arrived. I filed a claim at the end of the estimated delivery period and got my money back almost straight away.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Amazon was the first place I checked.  It's a discontinued case that I really liked, and the only place I could still find it for sale was eBay.  Although now I'm doubting it will be the right case.

I don't mind if a seller is drop shipping from China if they're up front about it.  Their listing specifically said the items location was California. 

There are China-based sellers on Amazon doing exactly the same thing.

1 hour ago, Batman said:

I've purchased a few ebay items from China and they can take up to 2 months to be delivered. I only had one that never arrived. I filed a claim at the end of the estimated delivery period and got my money back almost straight away.

I don't doubt it......but this guy is a straight up scammer.  He lied about where the items are shipping from.  He's getting feedback from people that are getting the wrong items.  And I've sent him two messages through eBay (one on the 21st and another on the 25th) and both have been ignored.  It's a small amount of money, so I'm not worried about it.  As you mentioned, I'll just file a claim with eBay as soon as the estimated delivery date passes and get a refund. 

1 hour ago, Batman said:

There are China-based sellers on Amazon doing exactly the same thing.

This is one of the reasons I only purchase items there that are listed as either "Fulfilled by Amazon" or "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com".

Edited by Domo Arigato