• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mcs and pulps
1 1

33 posts in this topic

Anyone have experience consigning pulps. I have a small collection of pulps and, frankly, it might be time to sell as I don't actually know much about pulps and I don't want to try on eBay as I don't even know how to grade them and pricing is a guess. Pricing on mcs is a guess as almost none are in stock, but I can use existing prices on similar issues as a guide. Many fall within their consignment guidelines $-wise. I think they are cool but don't bring joy. I will probably keep the one that is Frank Herbert's first published work.

Edited by the blob

Some pulps are valuable if they have first publication of works like "Who Goes There?" the Thing movie was based on, Lovecraft works etc.  General pulps can be had for like $5.

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

How did I amass these pulps? Every couple of years I bid on pulps based on price, cover coolness, and if they have an author I have heard of. Not much logic. Mostly sci fi

Some go for good money based on condition and cover content that is where you start.The crazy covers with females are the most desired by me i collect here and there.I think some of those covers blow comic books out of the water with the cover art and what is on the inside,

3 hours ago, kav said:

Some pulps are valuable if they have first publication of works like "Who Goes There?" the Thing movie was based on, Lovecraft works etc.  General pulps can be had for like $5.

I'm asking if mcs is Place folks buy pulps from. I am not looking to buy any right now.

42 minutes ago, the blob said:

I'm asking if mcs is Place folks buy pulps from. I am not looking to buy any right now.

I believe they sell em-I've bought several science fiction books from them.

7 hours ago, mycomicshop said:

Pulps are an area of particular focus for us recently. We've been working on expanding our catalog coverage and getting more in stock.

That’s interesting. I browse your site pretty regularly but I can’t say I knew that. As a thought exercise, if I want to see your pulp selection but don’t know the titles well enough to do specific title searches, is there any way to see all the pulps in one place?

4 hours ago, Point Five said:

That’s interesting. I browse your site pretty regularly but I can’t say I knew that. As a thought exercise, if I want to see your pulp selection but don’t know the titles well enough to do specific title searches, is there any way to see all the pulps in one place?

Try a search for "pulp", it pulls up an extensive list.  Maybe mcs has a better search option, I don't know.

26 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Try a search for "pulp", it pulls up an extensive list.  Maybe mcs has a better search option, I don't know.

23 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Thanks guys! Both answers are helpful.

I guess speaking as a potential seller of pulps through MCS, I would like to see an obvious Pulps link from the homepage the way there is for GA, SA, BA & Modern Comics, as there does not seem to be one (or, I thought, perhaps there is one and I'm missing it). Just an observation.

12 hours ago, the blob said:

You got lucky. Covers like that usually do better.

to be fair this was many years ago!  lol

maybe i should start selling my pulps-