• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S WEIRD BITS IS CLOSED!
2 2

264 posts in this topic

Space 1999   5

Early John  Byrne art,    both cover and interior.  

Small  corner off lower  RH FC,  and  a couple  folds  though the whole book to boot,  otherwise  flat  and tight,  good  gloss,   white pages.

Asking $5  SOLD!

5RH73Wv.jpg

Edited by catrick339

10 Story Western MagazineV22 #4, November  1943

Flat and tight with  dogears upper  RH FC,  otherwise  good gloss,  bone white pages.

Asking $10

hCCXd32.jpg

Well,  here's another  weird  bit.  Only thing like  this  I've ever seen. 

Magic Paint Comics 2

Printed on card stock,  16 pages.   Throughout the interior  there is a  comic page in color  LH.  and the RH  is the same page  in  black and  white, 
with  squares of   watercolor paint  at the bottom.  Wet your  brush,  pick up some paint,  and  color in  the  images  to match  the  LH  side 
or to your own fancy.   Two  of the pages  have had  a bit  of painting done.    NO  idea on vintage,  but  it  kind of feels like  1940's to me.
Printed in Austria,  published by  Polytint Ltd,  London England.   But the cover  price is in  cents,  not  pence.,   Go figure.

Regardless,   asking $15

TGWRfV1.jpg

To Outrun Doomsday, Kenneth Bulmer

Ace G-625

Flat and square,  glossy,  white pages,   but  a touch of general wear. 

Asking $5

ts1Vvpk.jpg

GU60608.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Weird Science 10

Flat  and tight,  but  the perimeter  is  starting to brown,  and  there are chips out  upper and RH  FC,  and 
lower  edge BC.   Offwhite pages. 

Asking $100

kHclzk8.jpg

Amazing Stories V9 #3, July 1934

Two small pieces out lower  edge FC,    small piece out  upper LH  edge FC,  tear upper FC,  some general wear.  Small tape RH edge BC.  
light  water upper   FC.  Flat and tight, offwhite pages.

Asking $10

gzqFYin.jpg

Hanna Barbera Super TV Heroes 3

Gotta love a Space Ghost cover,  right?

Some general wear on a flat  tight copy,  decent gloss,   white pages.

Asking $15  SOLD!

hmTeghQ.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 11/27/2019 at 7:15 PM, catrick339 said:

The Golden Gate  and Other Stories,    R.A. Lafferty

First  edition, Corroboree  Press, 1982.  Signed  and numbered,  591/1000

Several  B & W  interior   illustrations,  plus four   tipped in color plates.

Gorgeous book,  and that little  smudge/scratch  upper  LH  FC  is  MUCH  less noticeable in hand  than  in the scan.

There'll  be  another title by  Lafferty  coming up later in the scan,   same press,  same  format.

Asking  $35

Uddqg2t.jpg

Y9oSq7A.jpg

KVdIGYL.jpg

On 11/29/2019 at 12:48 PM, catrick339 said:

Well,  that didn't hold you long,  let's try another.

The Complete  Centerfolds,  2007

This book  compiles  every  single  Playboy  centerfold  from  Marilyn Monroe  in   December 1953 through  the  end of 2006. That's it,  just  637 pictures of  beautiful  naked women. 
Measures  6-1/4 x 12-3/4, gorgeous  reproductions, forward  by Hef.

Oh,  and  I  HAVE  wiped  the dog hair off the spine, lol  That stuff gets  everywhere!

I WILL NOT SHIP  THIS BOOK   UNLESS YOU SEND ME  AN AGE  STATEMENT,   TELLING ME YOU ARE 18 OR OVER.

I AM ALSO  LIMITING THIS ITEM  TO  UNITED STATES  SHIPPING ONLY.

Asking $60,  that's  less than a dime  per centerfold,  and shipping will be $15  boxed priority  for this item.

YqO9I2O.jpg

74vNMB3.jpg

:takeit:...i bought it for the articles..

Famous Fantastic Mysteries V4 #6, October 1942

Nice lurid nekkid  cover,  on  a nice copy.  Small  corner off  lower LH  BC, two small tears upper edge FC,  otherwise flat,  clean, glossy,  tight with offwhite - white pages.
Buy it for the cover,  the stories are  reprints from  1911 and 1919.

Asking  $15  SOLD!

teUXSkQ.jpg

Edited by catrick339

11 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Famous Fantastic Mysteries V4 #6, October 1942

Nice lurid nekkid  cover,  on  a nice copy.  Small  corner off  lower LH  BC, two small tears upper edge FC,  otherwise flat,  clean, glossy,  tight with offwhite - white pages.
Buy it for the cover,  the stories are  reprints from  1911 and 1919.

Asking  $15

teUXSkQ.jpg

Take 

Archie Comics 77

Tear lower  edge FC,   chip  upper edge, couple  small split on spine, and I suspect the RH  edge  FC  has been trimmed,  its  reeeeeally  straight, :D
Flat, tight,   glossy, white pages.

Asking $15

mrvSS6H.jpg

5 Western Novels V7 #3, April  1953

Story  by Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson,  yes,  THAT  Malcolm,   the  Father  of  DC  Comics,

General wear  with  a few chips,  a few small  tears,  bit of light soiling.  Flat and tight,  good gloss,  offwhite pages.

Asking $10

CSWjSa7.jpg

Heckle and Jackle 3,  1967 Dell series

Pulled lower staple,  quarter inch split lower spine,  otherwise  flat  and glossy,  tight interior,   white pages.

Asking $5

ZSnPJPG.jpg

All About Star Trek Fan Clubs 3, June 1977

Once  again,  the  "pull out"  poster  is  the entire inside  cover,  lol

Plenty  of Star  Trek  articles  and  plenty of  photos and drawings,  and yes,   a bit of info  about Star Trek  fan clubs.

Flat,   clean,   glossy,  tight spine and CF,   white pages.

Asking $10

OBJiZYU.jpg

Amazing Stories  V22 #1, November 1948

About the nicest  condition of this  batch,  with the usual  minor tears  and  chips,  but flat,  tight,  offwhite pages,   and a bit of gloss left.

Asking $10

eJyJ9gV.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Journey Into Mystery 92

Small piece out  RH  edge FC,   tape repair inside FC. chip and split  upper spine. And it looks as though someone  laid this one on a bed of fine gravel  and  
ran something  heavy over it,  there  are a WHOLE BUNCH of  teeny tiny  indentations over most of the cover, they may not be visible in the scan.

With that  all said,  it's  a  tight copy with cream - offwhite pages,  and  a perfectly nice  reader that looks good in a mylar. 

Overstreet  G  is over $40,  asking $15 SOLD!

aGGdeaC.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Western Action V21 #2.  September 1957

Water stains,   split  lower spine FC,  general wear.  Tight with cream - offwhite pages.

FREE  with the NEXT purchase,  just claim it!  CLAIMED!
Good  time to remind everyone that  nobody has  claimed that Chessie System  plaque  way back early in the thread yet.

LFT0gXn.jpg

Edited by catrick339

The Green Planet,  L. Hunter Holly

Monarch Books  213

There's  a  tiny  separation  of  the spine strip  upper spine, a dogear  that barely breaks color lower RH FC  and otherwise just a touch of general wear and rubbing FC

Flat,  tight,  square,   glossy,  white pages.

Asking $10

iu4oTaR.jpg

wYSzvll.jpg