• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many teachers do we have?

52 posts in this topic

Hi all-

I'm in my 13th year of teaching 7th grade English. I also wrote a children's book about two students from my school who go back in time to get a first edition copy of Superman #1 off the newsstand in 1939. It's called The Comic Book Kid. I love teaching kids about comic collecting!

-TCBK

I've been in education for the past 9 years.

I taught High School Math for 5 years(all subjects including AP Calculus). I was even a finalist for the state of Delaware Teacher of the Year in 2004. Then I spent 3 years as the math curriculum supervisor for my school district. During that time I oversaw the curriculum and professional development of math teachers for grades K-12.

I'm currently working part time as a educational consultant for the local university and the Department of Education here. My primary job is "Mr. Mom", as I'm a stay at home dad.

My wife is not in education, and that's why her salary pays the bills!! :headbang:

What sort of work do you do as an educational consultant?

Lots of different things. Since I have experience running professional development some school districts have hired me to come in and work with their teachers. Plus, I have a steady agreement with the local University to help them with the professional development projects they sponsor.

I also offer courses on the math portion of the SAT to help students, which gives me some extra cash on the side. One school district has contacted me about offering that course to their math department as a professional development.

That kind of stuff.

last 11 years teaching ICT to the adult population where I live.

Big props for sticking with this for 11 years. I did the exact same thing for three 1995 - 1998 and then ran away screaming .The people showing up at my door at any time of the day with a computer-that-didn't-work-anymore and the ones that put the mouse on the floor during the course (to tap it with their feet a la sewing machine) proved too much in the end.

Taught History for a couple of years as well (high school and College) but then went with languages full time.

I've been a high school history teacher on Long Island, NY for the past 11 years. Also wrote a biography on British horror actor Peter Cushing entitled, "In All Sincerity...Peter Cushing". One of my younger sisters is also a teacher - she works teaching first grade to developmentally challanged children.

Heya!

I have been teaching 8 years. I did 6 years of social studies, p.e., and computers at a little country school until it had to close its doors. I have been teaching physical science for the last two at a bigger school. My wife taught for years and is now a school counselor. I should be finishing my masters in May and might look in to doing some work for a community college on the side.