• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Use MCS For Consignment
3 3

51 posts in this topic

My MCS wishlist: I have a couple dozen slabbed comics I would like to consign. To avoid high shipping costs, heavy packages, and a likely risk of slabs getting damaged, it would be great if MCS setup at a few large cons over the year to accept on-site consignments. 

42 minutes ago, manetteska said:

My MCS wishlist: I have a couple dozen slabbed comics I would like to consign. To avoid high shipping costs, heavy packages, and a likely risk of slabs getting damaged, it would be great if MCS setup at a few large cons over the year to accept on-site consignments. 

I'd very much like that too. We've talked about it before. We've been at a few shows where we were buying and also picked up consignments, but I'd like to expand it and be present more regularly at big shows.

1 minute ago, mycomicshop said:

I'd very much like that too. We've talked about it before. We've been at a few shows where we were buying and also picked up consignments, but I'd like to expand it and be present more regularly at big shows.

Please let us know if this becomes a reality. Perhaps just start with graded books and see how it goes. 

On 12/6/2019 at 10:20 PM, Black_Adam said:

How do we consign raws that we would like slabbed before they sell? Do we go thru the normal Sell My Comics page or do we contact Este? And is it just the normal fees for slabbing (MCS takes care of the shipping)? And when they return from CGC they are consigned as if we have submitted them graded (10%)?

Sorry @Black_Adam, failed to reply to this previously.

Currently, easiest way consign raws that you'd like to us send to CGC for you would be to contact Este (our consignment director). The slabbing costs we charge consignors are CGC's standard rates minus our dealer discount--we pass on the full discount to our consignors. You also pay $6 per book to cover shipping to and from CGC.

Once we get them back from CGC, they're set up as regular consignments in your account at the standard rates, yes.

Edited by mycomicshop
typo

7 hours ago, Gaard said:

Is there a "sold items" option when doing a search. If considering consigning to them, being able to see what past sales were might help with the decision.

I’ve only been able to look at past sales for books that have a copy that is scheduled to be auctioned.  If you click on a book that is in an auction, there is a sales data tab that has historical sales.  

If there is a way to do that for books that aren’t in an auction, I haven’t found it.

I agree that it would be very useful.

On 12/13/2019 at 3:01 PM, mycomicshop said:

Sorry @Black_Adam, failed to reply to this previously.

Currently, easiest way consign raws that you'd like to us send to CGC for you would be to contact Este (our consignment director). The slabbing costs we charge consignors are CGC's standard rates minus our dealer discount--we pass on the full discount to our consignors. You also pay $6 per book to cover shipping to and from CGC.

Once we get them back from CGC, they're set up as regular consignments in your account at the standard rates, yes.

Thanks for the info. As a Canadian that's a far better option than having graded books sent all the way back to Canada just to return them back across the border to MCS. Will save a bundle on shipping. And I'm sure you're sick of hearing it, but Este is awesome to deal with and one of the main reasons MCS is where I buy and sell the most online.