• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I prefer the times when all we could talk about was The Adventures of Obadiah Oldbuck and would wonder if it should be worth more than Action 1.  We would all sit around day dreaming about owning a copy 5 copies some day.

Fixed that for you...

35 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

The dark times of the Beerbong

He is still around good health and I talk to him once and a while, he has retired from his e-bay store and is concentrating on writing a comic book history book, so he is still involved in facebook etc...

10 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

in this instance I believe it was a straight resub...i am not aware that it was pressed at all...I think they reviewed it and by regrading, admitted they had undergraded it...Peter would know better than me

It was the White Rose copy, if I recall, which sold as a 5.5 on Heritage in 2003. (What an auction that was!)

I had the impression that Peter was not the winner of that auction, but bought the book as a 6.5 after it had been resubbed.  I seem to recall that he wasn't too pleased when its original grade was mentioned on these Boards.

9 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

First these two mega books, Tec 27 6.0 and 7.0 sell. Now this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/7-foot-tall-batman-statue-erected-in-burbank-california/

Batman seems to be Mr. Popular more than ever.

Very nice monument indeed.

I would have picked Millers Dark Knight design but it does look great.

9 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

First these two mega books, Tec 27 6.0 and 7.0 sell. Now this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/7-foot-tall-batman-statue-erected-in-burbank-california/

Batman seems to be Mr. Popular more than ever.

With dc offices ( and library ) right there. Plus being California it makes sense.  He’s the face of DC ( sorry Supes even though I think you are cooler ) 

3 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Well, this is an interesting one 😂. Apparently because the 7.0 sold for 1.5 mil, a graded page 1 (that’s right, just page 1), is worth a mere $150K to this ebayer 😳.

I can't believe you haven't jumped on this already.

Just think how the value of all Tec 27s will skyrocket if you pull the trigger! 

1 minute ago, tth2 said:

Oh yeah without a doubt. I’ve always wanted to pay a markup of 1500% on something lol.

1 minute ago, tth2 said:
6 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Well, this is an interesting one 😂. Apparently because the 7.0 sold for 1.5 mil, a graded page 1 (that’s right, just page 1), is worth a mere $150K to this ebayer 😳.

:fear:

9 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

What is listed appears to be page 1, originally auctioned through Heritage.

CCA77CEF-7E63-402B-BADF-9659522A73DC.jpeg

Yeah thanks for showing because I was gonna look where it came from. So he’s marking his $13K or so purchase up to $150K 🤔. Well, Goodluck with that lol.