• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Hi Harold. Hey I’m scheduled to view the Promise Collection today here in a few hours. Anything in particular you want me to examine?

Ya all the CGC 4.5'slol No but Thank you. I just love my Batman's/Superman:devil:

Edited by woowoo

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Hi Harold. Hey I’m scheduled to view the Promise Collection today here in a few hours. Anything in particular you want me to examine?

I'd like to know how nice that All American 61 looks in person :applause:

Anyone happen to see the Tec 27 5.0 selling on Heritage?! Guesses on hammer? Little spine split at the top, but pretty clean looking 5.0. I'm going to say $900K. https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-cgc-vg-fn-50-white-pages/a/7244-91005.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

9659C66F-C11E-4B54-BEA4-4723E6B4B196.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

29 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Anyone happen to see the Tec 27 5.0 selling on Heritage?! Guesses on hammer? Little spine split at the top, but pretty clean looking 5.0. I'm going to say $900K. https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-cgc-vg-fn-50-white-pages/a/7244-91005.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

9659C66F-C11E-4B54-BEA4-4723E6B4B196.jpeg

White pages too. 7 figure book imho. 

56 minutes ago, Daveb25 said:

White pages too. 7 figure book imho. 

Yeah I could see it doing that, but I was hesitant to go that high. Wasn't long ago a 7.0 sold for 1.5 mil, and pretty big difference between a 7.0 and 5.0. But the white pages is for sure a huge plus. So I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it broke a mil, but I think it will sell for slightly less.

12 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah I could see it doing that, but I was hesitant to go that high. Wasn't long ago a 7.0 sold for 1.5 mil, and pretty big difference between a 7.0 and 5.0. But the white pages is for sure a huge plus. So I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it broke a mil, but I think it will sell for slightly less.

WP on such an old book is just mouth watering.

On 5/25/2021 at 10:10 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I'd like to know how nice that All American 61 looks in person :applause:

23 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

Yes! Thank you! I also am very curious.

On 5/25/2021 at 11:26 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Will do

Well, any reports back from your end on the AA 61?  :luhv:  :popcorn:

On 5/29/2021 at 3:09 AM, Crowzilla said:

Wow, it was only a few months ago that a 6.5 copy didn't sell for the 1.3 million ask and now we've got guesses that a 5.0 is a million dollar book (and it might be).

I'm pretty sure it will hit a million. 

If I had a million to spend on a comic (or even to just invest in general)  I think a pretty nice looking white page Tec 27 would be just about on the top of my list. Nice mid grade copy of one of the two most sought after books around. 

Edited by Professor Chaos

Good evening.  Hopefully someone can help me figure this out.  Since Tec 27 and Bat 1 (and thus 1st Joker and 1st Catwoman) are out of reach for me, I woulld like to get another cool Batman villain 1st app.  I boiled it down to a Tec 58 (Penguin) or Tec 140 (Riddler) in blue 4.0-5.0 range.  Between the Tec 58 and 140, only the Tec 140 sold recently in that range, so I'll start with that. 

GPA notes most recent sale of a 4.5 Tec 140 as $12,999 on 5/25/21 (on eBay), and I know of the $12,500 sale for another 4.5 on ComicLink that same day.  But for a Tec 140 in 4.5, GoCollect estimates $8750, noting Aug 2018 as the most recent sale.  If GoCollect's estimate is ignoring the two 5/25/21 sales, presumably it's not reliable?  In SA threads, folks complain that GoCollect estimates for SA books have been way off (i.e., too low) since the pandemic started.  Thankfully we have those two recent 4.5 Tec 140 sales for about $13K, but do you think that is too low or too high for a Tec 140 today (assuming both books were solid for the grade)?   The Batman movie will feature the Riddler prominently, but I don't know how that affects GA books like this one.  

How would you value a blue 4.5 Tec 140 (assuming it is solid for the grade and at least OW pages with clean/bright cover)?  

I would value the book to be within those last two sale prices you pointed out.  The problem with ebay sale prices is sometimes the buyer does not pay and I believe it still gets recorded as sold on GPA.  It's also possible you can find a better deal later on.  The question is, are you in a rush to add a Tec 140 in your collection?  That may be the key.

26 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I would value the book to be within those last two sale prices you pointed out.  The problem with ebay sale prices is sometimes the buyer does not pay and I believe it still gets recorded as sold on GPA.  It's also possible you can find a better deal later on.  The question is, are you in a rush to add a Tec 140 in your collection?  That may be the key.

Maybe post movie tec 140 might plummet