• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink sale
2 2

91 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, J.Sid said:

Congrats. Very memorable moment from a very memorable issue.

And while fans generally prefer Spidey "in costume," I'm fairly certain they're more than OK with MJ getting "out of costume"

Yeah I’m ok with it.

On 12/15/2019 at 4:37 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

OK, I’m coming out of the corner now to say I got the McFarlane Mary Jane page and I’m pretty stoked.  Got it for well under my max. :banana:

I remember this page and knowing McFarlane Mary Jane artwork was half of why I bought those issues at that time. 

09648CFC-8F5D-454E-8DD0-6CBBEDBBC160.jpeg

Congrats! We need a 1 minute later piece to go with it! :D

On 12/12/2019 at 6:13 AM, grapeape said:

Ok this floored me. The first image   is from the C-Link auction that just went down: This is from the C-Link auction description: Note: The original paste-ups were missing and the word balloons are replacement stats.  

SOLD $4,000 December 2019

RAD32A7520191030_142224.jpg

The second image describes the last date of sale (August 2017) at Heritage with the description:Sal Buscema and Mike Esposito Spectacular Spider-Man #5 Story Page 16 Original Art (Marvel, 1977). The board is very toned, and almost all of the paste-up text is missing, leaving discolored glue residue in their wake. Only the first balloon on the page is still there. Overall in Good condition.

Sold $717    August 2017      

2 years pass, bust out the Crest toothpaste to make the board (page) minty fresh white. Xerox some word balloons and affix to board. Presto $717 investment + arts and crafts = $4,000 sale. The work is very well done. I can think of a couple of talented conservationists that may have touched this.Kudos to HA in the first auction describing the page as very toned. I imagine you could describe the condition of your boxers after a trip to Casa Bonita all you can eat buffet as very toned also.

Original Comic Art:Panel Pages, Sal Buscema and Mike Esposito Spectacular Spider-Man #5 Story Page 16 Original Art (Marvel, 1977)....

Now it’s for sale for $5K!

https://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsection.asp%3F_SORT%3DYES%26id%3D1398%26f1%3Di.LastUpdate%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di.Publisher%26ODire2%3DDESC%26f3%3Di.IssueNumber%2C%2Bi.Genre%26ODire3%3DASC&id=1374339