• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re-Submitting Pedigree/Named Comics for CGCing

2 posts in this topic

Hello All

I have bought a number of CGCed silver age comics over the last couple of years, including a few pedigree or named books. Although I use CGC as a buying tool, I prefer long term storage in archival mylar/melinex - my own preference. I therefore wish to remove my pedigree/named books from their slabs (as I have done with some of my other books). But, when I decide to sell them (many years from now), I will want them re-slabbed at CGC as a selling tool. How can I ensure that the re-slabbed books will retain their pedigree or named status. Can anyone tell me the procedure? Do I simply return the original CGC label with each book? I have asked CGC but I am still waiting for an answer after quite a while.

Regards

Alan

Hello All

I have bought a number of CGCed silver age comics over the last couple of years, including a few pedigree or named books. Although I use CGC as a buying tool, I prefer long term storage in archival mylar/melinex - my own preference. I therefore wish to remove my pedigree/named books from their slabs (as I have done with some of my other books). But, when I decide to sell them (many years from now), I will want them re-slabbed at CGC as a selling tool. How can I ensure that the re-slabbed books will retain their pedigree or named status. Can anyone tell me the procedure? Do I simply return the original CGC label with each book? I have asked CGC but I am still waiting for an answer after quite a while.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan

Indicating the Pedigree on the CGC submission form and including the original CGC Label alongside the book should be absolutely fine to ensure the Pedigree designation remains. thumbsup2.gif