• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Question

6 posts in this topic

I'm about to ship out my comic book over to CGC for grading but I have one concern regarding shipping. Besides shipping with insurance, I want to also require a signature for them to accept the package but would someone be able sign it for it at a PO BOX? Because their address is a PO BOX:

Certified Guaranty Company, LLC
P.O. Box 4738
Sarasota, FL 34230
United States

Would I only ship to the above address if I'm shipping with USPS?

If I decide to ship with FedEx instead, can I require a signature for delivery acceptance at the below address?

Please use this address if shipping with FedEx or UPS:
5501 Communications Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34240

I'm just paranoid that the package would be accidentally delivered to the wrong location or potentially stolen as I can't easily replace this comic book due to its rarity. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Just email Cgc for specifics, so if something happens, you will have good evidence just in case.  Holds up better than random suggestions from internet strangers in court

The company that I insure my collection with, Collectibles Insurance Services, covers comic books being sent/from other people. This company requires a "signature required" shipment for you to be able to make a claim if your comics are lost or damaged. I have submitted books into CGC two times since I joined this board back in November, 2018; both packages required a signature. I didn't have any problem with these submissions.

Joe

1 hour ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

The company that I insure my collection with, Collectibles Insurance Services, covers comic books being sent/from other people. This company requires a "signature required" shipment for you to be able to make a claim if your comics are lost or damaged. I have submitted books into CGC two times since I joined this board back in November, 2018; both packages required a signature. I didn't have any problem with these submissions.

Joe

+1

I just printed off a label this morning for the box I'm sending to CGC tomorrow. Sig required.