• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pin-up missing (DD7)

7 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, HerculoidZok said:

Hello,

So I found a copy of Daredevil 7 at a garage sale a few months ago, only to find that it's missing the pinup (just today... sigh). Am I correct that if submitted for grading, it'll get the a qualified label? TIA!

Yes it will, unless you request a blue label, then it would be looked at as a defect and graded accordingly.

17 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

Yes it will, unless you request a blue label, then it would be looked at as a defect and graded accordingly.

Still probably going to keep it, for the personal collection; just wasn't sure about submitting... Thanks!

5 hours ago, HerculoidZok said:

Still probably going to keep it, for the personal collection; just wasn't sure about submitting... Thanks!

It’s kinda cool in the sense that some kid cut that out, taped it to his wall or a notebook, and stared at it from time to time. 

In the early 80s, long before that book broke out, you could get low grade copies for a buck or two. A guy on Long Island was buying them up and removing the posters, then varnishing them onto wood and selling them for $10-15. I don't think he got rich, but he made some coin.