• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idea for CGC

7 posts in this topic

But cant most people find most books online in a “paid” Subscription service or (NOT Condoning) “pirated” version? And why would/could/should it be in CGCs interest to do this? You do know waht youre getting into when buying or submitting to CGC.

How much more would it be? And like I mentioned above there are places to read the books.

decent thought though.

Edited by Raze
Added to thought

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, Aweandlorder said:

I always thought placing a digital code of the comic (if available) on the label would be a cool way to enjoy a slab while being able to read the book. Maybe that something CGC can work out with the big two?

Digital codes are generally unique and have expiration dates.  If someone redeems the code or if the slab is old enough, then there would just be some superfluous string of characters that mean nothing on the label.  I'm not sure I can get behind that. 

If you're suggesting that CGC get their own database of comics and connect customers to it via a scan on the label, that would be better, but I could see the various publishers having issues with it. 

On 12/28/2019 at 4:09 PM, Aweandlorder said:

I always thought placing a digital code of the comic (if available) on the label would be a cool way to enjoy a slab while being able to read the book. Maybe that something CGC can work out with the big two?

That is a wickedly awesome idea