• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 Year in Review
2 2

186 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Ah the good ole days of paying 500.00 on an AF15.:cloud9:

Oak stocked up on em, back then.  he cant remember how many he has.  Like a short box full.

in 2019 there were a some threads starting by people claiming they were nearing 12,000 posts and wanted recognition for their achievement  !!!

and then things got carried away and one member said he was nearing 1,532 posts and was asking what that would get him lol 

they were funny threads for awhile !!

On 1/2/2020 at 10:42 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

I think I spent 12k on books this year

I think I spent double that this year need to buy a lot less in 2020 lol but there's not much more on my big key list anymore except AF15 and not going near Tec or Supes too expensive and with my completionist complex I will be selling my car to get those books lol (not really) but you know what I mean. 

But it looks like you added some nice books to your collection hope you've enjoyed them.

On 1/3/2020 at 7:28 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

Biff Tannen paid alot less

maxresdefault.jpg

He is just checking out the condition here

downloadfile-4.jpg

This is the previous owner

As you can see, their transaction went quite smoothly

I've had a few transactions like this myself.

1f31418ba4727083ed0b570e4e27a851.jpg

Edited by Hollywood1892

And years later Marty would come to retrieve the book after it sat at CGC for 30 years as it awaited grade...Bif was ready

2019 was a great year for creativity especially as new ideas for comics grew. And people took risks with specs and movie possibilities. I know I did

giphy-36.gif

Edited by Hollywood1892

35 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

What about Losses in 2019?

I've had a few books I regret buying

Especially uncanny xmen 164 and 266

I regret nothing.... lol everything is a learning and entertainment experience, we grow even from our mistakes.

p.s. - I regret not having more money to spend lol