• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How sturdy are the plastic comic bins?

8 posts in this topic

How high would you be comfortable stacking them? Moving my collection to a 3’x3’ closet and planning on going up to the ceiling pretty much, with one shelf popped in where the long boxes end and the hardcovers begin 

50 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

How high would you be comfortable stacking them? Moving my collection to a 3’x3’ closet and planning on going up to the ceiling pretty much, with one shelf popped in where the long boxes end and the hardcovers begin 

The hard plastic BCW ones? I have them stacked three boxes high and they are starting to get a little wobbly. 

29 minutes ago, Avi said:

The hard plastic BCW ones? I have them stacked three boxes high and they are starting to get a little wobbly. 

Wow, that’s not very high. Maybe I’ll just do the bottom row in those and pop in a shelf above that for drawer boxes

11 minutes ago, Avi said:

Yeah, I made a storage shelf in a closet for regular boxes. Home depot has heavy duty shelving on sale these days. Might be worth a look.

Is it some assembly required, I dont know my home depot equipment, and how much of a sale?

I want to fit as much as possible in there so I’ll be putting in custom shelving, as little as possible since stacking boxes will get me maximum storage. I think I’ll just put in one over the plastic shelves and then one over a stack of maybe 4-5 cardboard boxes and then stack the hardcovers above that

13 hours ago, Avi said:

you must not have heard the snap for the boxes or used a rubber mallet to assemble mine are 5 high and I accidently bumped it and still sturdy as hell barely moved...