• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Want Candy

281 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2020 at 10:03 PM, lizards2 said:

Billed as the most badass scene ever.  Probably pretty dang close.

What really fascinates me is just how good an actor Christopher Lambert is, while he is technically legally blind.

35 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

A good reason as any to jump out of a plane

He needs to put out the fire.

image.png.5bbcd7c5056f54b3dde99cbd6aa354b7.png

23 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

What really fascinates me is just how good an actor Christopher Lambert is, while he is technically legally blind.

And don't forget the speech impediment.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

s-l1600.jpg

interesting book there seeing this GA books makes me want to be a GA collector and get some archie's, romance, horror EC books.... maybe if I win the lottery I can become a GA collector at this point in my life.... :tonofbricks:

17 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

interesting book there seeing this GA books makes me want to be a GA collector and get some archie's, romance, horror EC books.... maybe if I win the lottery I can become a GA collector at this point in my life.... :tonofbricks:

I only have a few GA books.  This is one of them.  Sadly, I passed on a couple mid-issue mid-grade Captain Americas for this one, because it was high grade.

adv108d.jpg

7 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Facepalm assist

And what's with this? Thriumph? What the hell is thriumph?

imageproxy.jpg

lollol I can't believe I never noticed this.It's a Canadian comic,I have to look up if there's an American counterpart.

Also,facepalm assist :roflmao:

Edit-I checked gcd,and yep,originally put out in the U.S.A. In November 1949 then here in around January 1950.Same cover,I guess quality control was off at Quality comics...

Edited by porcupine48

30 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

does this count as Canadian Candy? :roflmao:kind of want to try it though....

Image result for timbits cereal

I think Tims is now owned by Burger King that is owned by Brazilian firm 3G...support your local mom and pops,they taste better and are likely healthier anyways.

(Full disclosure,my partner brought some home and groadie imho)

31 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I think Tims is now owned by Burger King that is owned by Brazilian firm 3G...support your local mom and pops,they taste better and are likely healthier anyways.

(Full disclosure,my partner brought some home and groadie imho)

yeah I try to support local shops, love going to St. Jacobs in Waterloo in the summer and the local farmers markets in the GTA area but even then I'm starting to see companies pop up at the local farmers markets...not many local places around anymore in the GTA sadly... 

lol to the groadie comment.. 

9 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

yeah I try to support local shops, love going to St. Jacobs in Waterloo in the summer and the local farmers markets in the GTA area but even then I'm starting to see companies pop up at the local farmers markets...not many local places around anymore in the GTA sadly... 

lol to the groadie comment.. 

Yep,Kensingtons sold out,all the good small stuff gets picked up on Dragons Den...Good for the people,creators,makers I guess.Progress,c'est la vie.

Most of the Byward Market sellers aren't growers anymore..just distributors,often times things imported from lands far far away

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

Yep,Kensingtons sold out,all the good small stuff gets picked up on Dragons Den...Good for the people,creators,makers I guess.Progress,c'est la vie.

Most of the Byward Market sellers aren't growers anymore..just distributors,often times things imported from lands far far away

yeah exactly in the farmers market's a lot of them started off growing but then got into the supply chains and became distributors and sometimes you might be luck to get their own locally produced fruits or veggies but often now they usually get bigger and dive into distributions channels and use their names to help develop the model... 

I find the local stuff though from the smaller farms much better tasting and much bigger the zucchini's some of them grow... wow... lol   but true story... 

11 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Pervert!

But yeah,some of the zuchs I see,just from my friends gardens...whoah! They don't seem to get the mamoths in the grocers like that.

Image result for squash jpg