• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heritage auction, did anybody win anything they were after?

124 posts in this topic

outbid 9 for 9. two were underbids. one was particularly annoying as one book went for same multiple in 9.4 that next in series went for in 9.6. overall, later dc silver age seemed quite weak (less than 4x for 9.6's) but the jaw dropper for me was the GL #10 9.4 which went for 10.78x. has me dancing a jig for what i just paid for GL #2 9.4. congrats to all the lucky winners.

I got one of those Light Tan to OW page books....paid right around Guide for a sharp looking copy of a normally tough book.

Which one.

I would agree that the Cr/Ow or even Light Tan to Ow, didn't seem to hurt the final sale price as much as I thought.

That said, unlike some Cr/Ow books that have beautiful covers that you can't see any tanning, most in this auction seemed to have light tanning at the edges.

As I said on another post, I got the Strange Tales #101 CGC 9.0. That's it so far.

I'm high bidder on two GA books so we will see what happens.

The FF # 18 in CGC 8.5 for $431, about $85 cheaper than the sale of the last 8.0, according to GPAnalysis. The book had two images of the back cover available for close-up viewing during the auction, so I imagine that oversight kept the bidders away, because looking at the post-auction archive, the oversized scan of the front cover reveals a pretty nice book (Light tan/OW pages aside).

I'm happy. I just regret not bidding on the FF # 15 in 9.0 that sold for $632. Despite the CRM/OW pages, it had near perfect centering and a sharp spine. Ah well....

I'm happy. I just regret not bidding on the FF # 15 in 9.0 that sold for $632. Despite the CRM/OW pages, it had near perfect centering and a sharp spine. Ah well....

Any auction you get a book for that you want, is a good auction.

Prices were strong, so it's not like I felt I missed out on a lot of bargains.

I was about to bid on a couple of Blonde Phantom books to include in my good girl art collection, but decided not to at the last moment. Since I'm not a high grade collector, I usually channel all my sources (money) into one or two hard to find books in the Heritage Auction. For instance, in the last auction I won a copy Junior Comics #15 (CGC 7.5 White pages) for around $975. I realized that if I didn't fork up the cash now, I'd never be able to get a nice copy of that book. I was even willing to go higher since I hadn't tied my money up in other auctions.

i got outbid on 6 items i was going for

silver age in 9.2 or better got solid prices and some 9.0's got very good prices

havent seen how the golden age stuff did

That's because you're too cheap, Ben! Open that damned wallet a little wider! 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

yep...got the key book i was eyeing for...JIM #83 in 6.5...i won 893applaud-thumb.gif the auction yay.gif now i have to save on modern comics grin.gif

great pick-up at a real nice price (despite the buyer's premium).............. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

:

the white pages sold me grin.gif anyway no more buying 2 cover of all-star batman or 5 covers of infinite crisis acclaim.gif

the jaw dropper for me was the GL #10 9.4 which went for 10.78x. has me dancing a jig for what i just paid for GL #2 9.4.

I was the underbidder on the GL 10. mad.gif Didn`t expect to get outbid, but clearly someone wanted it even worse than me. For the life of me, I can`t figure out who it might be, as I haven`t run into any serious competition for early GLs thus far.

Did you get the GL 2 off Rob Hughes` site? It`s a nice book.

i think the auction has ended on x-men 13 and if your bid is 1250 then you won 893applaud-thumb.gif

you can check it out on ebay as it is also listed there

Not necessarily, they run the floor auction from Aug 11-13. The internet bidding ended the 10th. I was the winner of the internet bidding but I could theoretically lose during the floor bidding. I checked a little while ago and it seems that the floor bidding had ended for that issue so I will side with your optimism that I won. Not a bad deal f I did win , $1449 with buyers premium. Those Pacific Coast Pedigree's can really go high sometimes.

Not necessarily, they run the floor auction from Aug 11-13. The internet bidding ended the 10th. I was the winner of the internet bidding but I could theoretically lose during the floor bidding. I checked a little while ago and it seems that the floor bidding had ended for that issue so I will side with your optimism that I won. Not a bad deal f I did win , $1449 with buyers premium. Those Pacific Coast Pedigree's can really go high sometimes.

The internet bidding ends the night before the live auction. Yesterday was SA/BA (first Marvel then DC). If your Max Bid is showing in GREEN and there is a BLUE amount under Current BID, then you won the book for the BLUE AMOUNT (which includes the BP).

That assumes you are using their site, not thru eBay.

Congrats!!!!!!

how can I view all the closed lots from the first 2 days of this auction? In sequence?

Just search "Permanent Auctions Archives". The first books shown will be from the current auction (in lot order 1001, 1002. etc.)

I just checked their Post-Auction Sales site, and there are 466 items from the auction that did not sell! That's out of 1500 or so items that have been auctioned so far. Almost a third didn't sell. That's gotta hurt.

I think I won the MYSTERY MEN #8, though I won't know for sure until the floor bidding ends. I think I paid a little too much crazy.gif, but I've always wanted that book.