• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Apple TV's KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON directed by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
3 3

43 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2023 at 4:10 PM, VintageComics said:

I'm asking because when I started a thread discussing a movie it was pulled to the Watercooler, Mike made a pinned announcement in response and stated no more NON comic book movies. 

So I'm asking the question as to why non-comic book movies are allowed when he's clearly stated they're not.

Does the truth detract from your day? lol

Unless you are moderating a forum better you let such things go. Don't worry about helping Mike make moderation decisions for him.

We have had many non-comic book threads here. And the threads with the most mixed conversation activity have been the comic book topics.

On 11/19/2023 at 4:21 PM, Bosco685 said:

Unless you are moderating a forum better you let such things go. Don't worry about helping Mike make moderation decisions for him.

We have had many non-comic book threads here. And the threads with the most mixed conversation activity have been the comic book topics.

I wasn't trying to help Mike. I'm asking for clarification of the rules. lol

You came back with a smartalec comment. Like, WHY? 

If you've had many non-comic book threads here, then why did Moderation pin the post on Sept 13th at the top of the forum banning non-comic book movies? ???

It's really simple. They're either allowed or not allowed? Both can't be right. 

On 11/19/2023 at 4:13 PM, namisgr said:

He wants the movie/tv subforum moved to the Water Cooler.  

Fo' shizzle, my nizzle. (thumbsu

On 11/19/2023 at 4:26 PM, VintageComics said:

I wasn't trying to help Mike. I'm asking for clarification of the rules. lol

You came back with a smartalec comment. Like, WHY? 

If you've had many non-comic book threads here, then why did Moderation pin the post on Sept 13th at the top of the forum banning non-comic book movies? ???

It's really simple. They're either allowed or not allowed? Both can't be right. 

Fo' shizzle, my nizzle. (thumbsu

Uh-huh

On 11/19/2023 at 4:44 PM, Bosco685 said:
On 11/19/2023 at 4:13 PM, namisgr said:

He wants the movie/tv subforum moved to the Water Cooler.  

Another one of those "I'm not getting my perceived equal treatment - everyone else will suffer for it" situations. Great!

The rules say non-comic book movies aren't allowed but the forum is full of non-comic book movies against the rules...you're calling me a victim? That doesn't make sense.

You'd be more accurate to focus on whoever it was that notified Mike and pushed Mike's hand into putting that stickied rule up.

I think EVERYONE would like clarity on what the actual rules are. 

Personally, I WOULD PREFER NON COMIC MOVIES BE ALLOWED as I enjoy discussing them but rules are rules and they need to be clear and enforced, so I suggest you you figure it out with Mike, because I count 12 non-comic book movies just on the 1st three pages of this forum. doh!

I did some heavy lifting for you. You're welcome. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/19/2023 at 6:12 PM, VintageComics said:

The rules say non-comic book movies aren't allowed but the forum is full of non-comic book movies against the rules...you're calling me a victim? That doesn't make sense.

You'd be more accurate to focus on whoever it was that notified Mike and pushed Mike's hand into putting that stickied rule up.

Personally, I WOULD PREFER NON COMIC MOVIES BE ALLOWED as I enjoy discussing them but rules are rules and they need to be clear and enforced, so I suggest you you figure it out with Mike, because I count 12 non-comic book movies just on the 1st three pages of this forum. doh!

Uh-huh. Drama for the sake of drama is never healthy for a discussion forum. But you do you. Not for me to tell you how to post.

• Administrator
On 11/19/2023 at 4:10 PM, VintageComics said:

I'm asking because when I started a thread discussing a movie it was pulled to the Watercooler, Mike made a pinned announcement in response and stated no more NON comic book movies. 

So I'm asking the question as to why non-comic book movies are allowed when he's clearly stated they're not.

Currently, any new threads have to be approved before they are allowed to be seen by members.  Non comic related threads prior to this have "Grandfathered In".  (for now anyways)  It is possible some will be moved to the water cooler.  

On 11/19/2023 at 6:12 PM, VintageComics said:

You really need to get a life. 

On 11/19/2023 at 9:17 PM, bentbryan said:

You really need to get a life. 

I'd suggest if you had my life you wouldn't want yours because I don't understand what sort of person I'd need to be to attack total strangers on the internet. lol

Does it make you feel better? I genuinely don't get it. 

On 11/19/2023 at 8:09 PM, CGC Mike said:

Currently, any new threads have to be approved before they are allowed to be seen by members.  Non comic related threads prior to this have "Grandfathered In".  (for now anyways)  It is possible some will be moved to the water cooler.  

I guess I don't understand how that's fair or even logical. 

I started a movie thread thread about a topic I've had a genuine interest in for 7 or 8 years now, and have lost 5 friends in the last year to opioid overdose - my last friend was buried on my birthday 2 months ago, it was moved to a place where I can't see it anymore, but it was only moved after someone who doesn't like me complained. ???

Why didn't they complain about any of the other threads?

Then the rules changed, but only for me. All the other threads that don't belong get to stay. lol

Wow. OK. I thought things would be different after 3 years of this but I guess some things haven't changed. 

I believe this is why so many people constantly attack me, because they feel that moderation approves of impartial treatment. 

That's fine. It doesn't bother me one bit but I am going to point it out when it's so clear. 

Anyway, moving on. I'm obviously the problem. doh!

376427714_994689011645147_5029320270814587861_n.thumb.jpg.91e0efa01d661dccc676f7b3a5a287bd.jpg

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/19/2023 at 8:50 PM, VintageComics said:

Why didn't they complain about any of the other threads?

Then the rules changed, but only for me. All the other threads that don't belong get to stay. lol

Wow. OK. I thought things would be different after 3 years of this but I guess some things haven't changed. 

I believe this is why so many people constantly attack me, because they feel that moderation approves of impartial treatment. 

That's fine. It doesn't bother me one bit but I am going to point it out when it's so clear. 

I think you have a reasonable grievance; I just don't think that being aggrieved is the way to go.  Transcend the pettiness rather than reciprocate.  Rise above it.  Don't give this forum and its members that much power over you.   

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

On 11/19/2023 at 8:09 PM, CGC Mike said:

Mike, what is the key issue moderation is concerned with driving this new sensitivity to non-comic book movies and shows content if it isn't leading to heated or distracting debates?

Even with The Water Cooler area, it is on a comic books, coins, posters, games cards and more forum (recognizing The Water Cooler is made up of these folks). So whether it is on the west or east side of town, you're still in town.

Why not have a consolidated area for all-things games, movies and shows in addition to discussions about their industries and trends? Just one area on these topics.

(shrug)

On 11/20/2023 at 5:01 AM, Bosco685 said:

Mike, what is the key issue moderation is concerned with driving this new sensitivity to non-comic book movies and shows content if it isn't leading to heated or distracting debates?

Even with The Water Cooler area, it is on a comic books, coins, posters, games cards and more forum (recognizing The Water Cooler is made up of these folks). So whether it is on the west or east side of town, you're still in town.

Why not have a consolidated area for all-things games, movies and shows in addition to discussions about their industries and trends? Just one area on these topics.

(shrug)

I would like to have an all movie section, no comic relation required. It makes sense to have them together somewhere other than the WC where they get lost quickly.

On 11/20/2023 at 5:30 AM, ThothAmon said:
On 11/19/2023 at 10:56 PM, Nick Furious said:

Transcend the pettiness rather than reciprocate.

That’s good advice but that ship sailed long ago. Self control, like editing, is hard. 

6361156-Eleanor-Roosevelt-Quote-Great-minds-discuss-ideas-Average-minds.thumb.jpg.82d4e570bfa562674336bfd1d8ecc137.jpg

Finally got to see Killers of the Flower Moon. 

It is incredible the level of cruelty people will dish out to others all for the sake of self-serving goals (in this case it is greed). And to do this to unsuspecting 'loved ones' including children to achieve oil money inheritance, it turns your stomach.

The actors performing these roles must have been so uncomfortable, yet they delivered with clear commitment to tell the whole story with all the emotion it required.

Well worth watching at least one time.

On 1/19/2024 at 6:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

Finally got to see Killers of the Flower Moon. 

It is incredible the level of cruelty people will dish out to others all for the sake of self-serving goals (in this case it is greed). And to do this to unsuspecting 'loved ones' including children to achieve oil money inheritance, it turns your stomach.

The actors performing these roles must have been so uncomfortable, yet they delivered with clear commitment to tell the whole story with all the emotion it required.

Well worth watching at least one time.

I saw it yesterday my only real complaint is the length of the film (3 hours and 30 minutes), I felt like some scenes could've been deleted. With that being said I wish they would've expanded on

Spoiler

the FBI coming

at the end as I felt like that got rushed.