• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's on ebay right now that you can't have?

26 posts in this topic

So it absolutely kills me that I cannot bid competitively on this All-Star on ebay, as I expect it to go in the $1500 plus zone and I just threw down $1000 this week for some antiquarian books for the dissertation, and will probably need to do another $500 or so before the month is out. frown.gif

I could afford what it's going for right now, but I'm sure it ain't gonna stay there. Such a shame, as when the day comes (probably years from now) that I'm ready to buy this issue from a big dealer, I'm sure I'll have to pay through the nose for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6551049639&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

I suppose I could just stick it on the credit card, but the idea of that always creeps me out. I worked my way out of major credit card debt once, and swore NEVER AGAIN.

Anybody have any sob stories? Who's looking at a book on ebay right now on a daily basis, knowing that it ain't gonna happen?

Just looking to commiserate..... sorry.gif

I don't have to look at ebay, I know lots of books I'd love to have but didn't even attempt to bid on in the Heritage Auction.

This is on eBay and post-Chicago I can't afford it + Tommyfoxwood seems to want it so no reason to bid really.

Sensation Comics 108

43_1_b.JPG

Guides at $110 in VG and $165 in Fine and the description has it as a VG BUT with:

"THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER ON ALL PAGES AND BOTH FRONT AND BACK COVER HAVE A HAVE A SPOT, ABOUT 1" IN FROM THE EDGE. IT APPEARS AS IF THE COMIC WAS UP AGAINST ONE OF THE WOODEN SLATS OF THE BUSHEL BASKET.

TAKE SPECIAL NOTE OF HOW THE COMIC IS CUT, IT GOES THROUGH THE LOGO'S AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE. ALSO THE STAPLES ARE IN THE FRONT OF THE BOOK NOT IN THE BINDING, AND THE BACK COVER DOES NOT LINE UP PERFECT."

and it is already at $157.50.

I'm having enough trouble scraping together money for my one Heritage win, so there are quite a few items on eBay right now that I would have nabbed any other time, some that would actually be affordable any other month.

In the General Forum thread about Heritage, member TheGoldenage stated that:

"I snagged the Mystery Men 3 after the Auction ended"

if that's the same book so yep some one hanging around here did.

Congrats to GoldenAge on the MYSTERY MEN #3. I was tempted by that one too.

I was also interested in the uncertified Fair copy of BATMAN #1. It went for a fairly low price(around 2 grand), but it just wasn't possible for me right now.

This is on eBay and post-Chicago I can't afford it + Tommyfoxwood seems to want it so no reason to bid really.

Sensation Comics 108

43_1_b.JPG

Guides at $110 in VG and $165 in Fine and the description has it as a VG BUT with:

"THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER ON ALL PAGES AND BOTH FRONT AND BACK COVER HAVE A HAVE A SPOT, ABOUT 1" IN FROM THE EDGE. IT APPEARS AS IF THE COMIC WAS UP AGAINST ONE OF THE WOODEN SLATS OF THE BUSHEL BASKET.

TAKE SPECIAL NOTE OF HOW THE COMIC IS CUT, IT GOES THROUGH THE LOGO'S AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE. ALSO THE STAPLES ARE IN THE FRONT OF THE BOOK NOT IN THE BINDING, AND THE BACK COVER DOES NOT LINE UP PERFECT."

and it is already at $157.50.

They show pictures from the very cool Toth story in that issue! It's a really good comic besides being reasonably tough to find (near impossible in grade).