• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to handle sending a slabbed book back for a press/regrade
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I have some books that seem to have very few flaws for the grade they got. Granted, it's not the easiest to make out with the glare. I am thinking of removing them from their slabs, sending them for a press and to be graded/slabbed again. Now, what is the best approach to this, do I remove them from the slab myself before sending them for a press or should I leave that to the people pressing them? Is it easy to remove a comic from a slab, I never tried to before. Any advice is welcome.

17 hours ago, William-James88 said:

I have some books that seem to have very few flaws for the grade they got. Granted, it's not the easiest to make out with the glare. I am thinking of removing them from their slabs, sending them for a press and to be graded/slabbed again. Now, what is the best approach to this, do I remove them from the slab myself before sending them for a press or should I leave that to the people pressing them? Is it easy to remove a comic from a slab, I never tried to before. Any advice is welcome.

I think that cracking the slab yourself is more beneficial. You can keep it tighter-packaged and help avoid SCS even more.

And, yes, cracking a slab is pretty easy. I think @ADAMANTIUM has a tutorial video on-cue somewhere?

personally I would leave it in the slab also as it would have a bit more protection you should get SCS unless the book is loose in the slab.

Only down side to leaving it in the slab is that it will create a heavier and larger package to send in.. which means it will cost more. 

5 hours ago, Krismusic said:

personally I would leave it in the slab also as it would have a bit more protection you should get SCS unless the book is loose in the slab.

Only down side to leaving it in the slab is that it will create a heavier and larger package to send in.. which means it will cost more. 

Thanks for all the info, from all of you. 

What does SCS stand for?

17 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Thanks for all the info, from all of you. 

What does SCS stand for?

shaken comic syndrome... which is when the book is loose in the holder and can move around.. if it can move around and during shipping where boxes are tossed all around the book can move in the holder and get crunches/ dings in the corners or edges or cause ripples... its a scary thing.. :frown: