• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN 2

19 posts in this topic

Just now, Deadpoolica said:

could benefit from a press/clean 

Yeah I asked a conservator about pressing it and he reckons its too far gone.  I don't think his method uses disassembling though.  Maybe if it was disassembled something could be done with it..?

4 minutes ago, mike devon said:

Cheers - even with that chunk missing from the top of the cover..?

Yeah, that would be allowed, even at a 4.0 (in my opinion). What is hurting the grade the most is simply the amount of wear all across it (especially the spine). I had a Fantastic Four #5 that looked as beat up as this and it came back 3.0.
And a press wouldnt really help since there's nothing bringing the grade down that a press could fix.

50 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Nothing good.

I've been trained to press paper and card.  If it was disassembled I could press this and get a very good result.  The reason I don't do this to my books is the disassembling bit - I don't have the skill to get the staples out and back in without potentially causing damage.

I was trained by a top conservator - no one better.

Edited by mike devon