• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for help

30 posts in this topic

Hey guys and girls,

My name is Tim and I am currently selling a bunch of my comics on eBay.

I used to be a member of this board (I was very active around 2013-2016 maybe), but I don't remember the info to my old account and the e-mail is probably long gone.

Anyway, I hope I can ask you all for some serious advice. One of the slabs I want to sell is this:

East of West #1 Diamond Summit Variant, signed by Hickman and signed and sketched by Dragotta.

I am having a hard time figuring out what to do.. Not sure about the price, should I do an auction, should I try to sell it here? Should I not sell it at all?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

-Tim.

285083792_EastofWest19.8RRPSSSignedbyJonathanHickmanSketchbyNickDragotta-1.thumb.jpg.794f2470d9996970a415a3bb9371a205.jpg

I would try to sell it through other venues unless you can get into your old account, some people might find it hard to buy a book on here from a new account with not much reputation or reliability.. so it could be challenging to sell here even though you are a old board member.. just my 2 cents.. 

Thanks for replying and yeah, totally understandable.. That's pretty much what I was thinking. Funny thing, I think I originally bought it from someone on here :P

I'll probably put it up on eBay sometime soon.. I have a rough ballpark idea of what it's worth, but anyone's opinion on it is welcome, and none are wrong. I'd rather be safe than sorry with an expensive slab like that...

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Should you sell it? Do you want to? Do you "need to"?

You could start an auction with a reserve that you'd be comfortable with letting it go for.

I meant more like, if holding on to it would give me a worthwhile return in the end.. I'd rather not have to sell anything, of course, but, like everyone else, I gotta eat.. I mean, it's not like I'm actually selling all my slabs and comics, but I'll probably empty a couple of longboxes in the end..

Book seems to be worth around $350 without a signature. With it, I think asking an extra $100 at most is not out of reason. You could list here in the selling forum, reference the fact you had an old account and maybe sell some smaller stuff to gain a rapport before trying to sell something like this. 

Personally, this is a book I would sell as I have zero interest in it

Is holding it worth it? Maybe. A show was in development but no longer is last I knew. If a show does come up you could see a small gain in value. However, I don't think it explode the likes of some more classic books from the Silver and Bronze Ages. 

Edited by comicginger1789

You could sell it on the boards w more info about who you used to be, maybe have a few folks you knew vouch for you in the thread

post a price you like, if it doesn’t sell, try another venue. 

4 minutes ago, old_games said:

I meant more like, if holding on to it would give me a worthwhile return in the end.. I'd rather not have to sell anything, of course, but, like everyone else, I gotta eat.. I mean, it's not like I'm actually selling all my slabs and comics, but I'll probably empty a couple of longboxes in the end..

I would sell it. That's just me, though.

8 minutes ago, revat said:

You could sell it on the boards w more info about who you used to be, maybe have a few folks you knew vouch for you in the thread

post a price you like, if it doesn’t sell, try another venue. 

Well, I wish I could remember my username.. I usually use obmit (timbo backwards), but mostly for gaming.. I very distinctly remember BeachBum though. I own a lot of Zenescope comics and I'm pretty sure I bought a bunch from him. Anyway, not important right now I guess.. I'm ok with eBay, it's mostly hassle free and even though they charge ridiculous fees it gives me a feeling of security, and that goes for the buyer as well..

I really appreciate all your advice guys, thank you so much!

15 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Book seems to be worth around $350 without a signature. With it, I think asking an extra $100 at most is not out of reason. You could list here in the selling forum, reference the fact you had an old account and maybe sell some smaller stuff to gain a rapport before trying to sell something like this. 

Personally, this is a book I would sell as I have zero interest in it

Is holding it worth it? Maybe. A show was in development but no longer is last I knew. If a show does come up you could see a small gain in value. However, I don't think it explode the likes of some more classic books from the Silver and Bronze Ages. 

this book is from 2013 I think its a modern not a silver or bronze age book..

maybe I read your comment wrong but it looks like your implying its from those ages but I am assuming you didn't mean it like that but just as a comparison.

Yeah, I don't think he meant to imply it was older than modern.. I get it though. I'll probably do an auction within the next couple of weeks, that's what I'm leaning towards right now.

29 minutes ago, old_games said:

Well, I wish I could remember my username.. I usually use obmit (timbo backwards), but mostly for gaming.. I very distinctly remember BeachBum though. I own a lot of Zenescope comics and I'm pretty sure I bought a bunch from him. Anyway, not important right now I guess.. I'm ok with eBay, it's mostly hassle free and even though they charge ridiculous fees it gives me a feeling of security, and that goes for the buyer as well..

I really appreciate all your advice guys, thank you so much!

If you use your actual name on message boards two things happen; 1- You never forget your user name and 2- You never say anything in a forum you wouldn't say in public because you have nothing to hide behind.

Just my 2c

1 hour ago, AndyFish said:

If you use your actual name on message boards two things happen; 1- You never forget your user name and 2- You never say anything in a forum you wouldn't say in public because you have nothing to hide behind.

Just my 2c

Well I named this forum account the same as my eBay account, which is hooked up to my Paypal and uses my real name, so I'm not totally anonymous.. But yeah, it would've been nice if I had done that.. :p

2 minutes ago, old_games said:

Well I named this forum account the same as my eBay account, which is hooked up to my Paypal and uses my real name, so I'm not totally anonymous.. But yeah, it would've been nice if I had done that.. :p

If you email customer service, they may be able to merge your accounts (old content into new username). That's assuming that you know your old username.