• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OCD Thread.
4 4

26 posts in this topic

The fact that I have non slabs in my CGC boxes drives me crazy. It just doesn’t look as organized. I guess I could just crack all the slabs...

10 hours ago, piper said:

The fact that I have non slabs in my CGC boxes drives me crazy. It just doesn’t look as organized. I guess I could just crack all the slabs...

That's what I do.

I'm clinically OCD, and so for me, comics, both raw and slabbed, present just one focal point for rumination over and over the same way.

Reading digitally helps to put a brake on that.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/5/2020 at 10:24 PM, James J Johnson said:

youis.gif

omg I love this show, I started to watch if a few years ago, still so hilarious! It's called Kim's Convenience revolving around Toronto.. Woo go CANADA..  

HEY!!! I also have OCD so don't leave me out.

My collection (2000 books) is all Raw (except one CGC graded book) and have grades ranging from PR 0.5 to NM 9.4, and none of that bothers me, what used to bother me was incomplete runs, the majority are completed and with the prices going up and up on the books I need and me getting older I have learned to live with those runs being incomplete.

I still have OCD with other things, in a year I have yet to complete an entire season in MLB The Show 19 because if I am winning too easily or getting clobbered and I change skill levels I feel like I am cheating and need to start over, even using Dynamic Difficulty that levels up/down on how well you are playing.

And of course the normal OCD issues..."Everything has a place and there is a place for everything", I cannot leave the house if the bed is not made, dishes are not done and of course I cannot have anything pending.

And of course I would be remiss if I did not Thank Pfizer Pharmaceuticals and my Primary Care Physician for keeping me "somewhat" balanced.

16 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Two books with over-wrap drive me 

tenor.gif.b713edf7fb17986dddbd2f32793edba7.gif

lol this is a fascinating topic! OCDs are so unique 

And a PITA at times...

My Son sarcastically thanks me all the time for his OCD and I tell him that it we as a family are proof that OCD is a genetic trait, my Mom has it, her Dad (my Grandfather) had it my Daughter and Sister have their own OCD demons and two of my Grandsons have OCD tendencies, who knows how far back this goes, they just did call it anxiety/OCD back then.

Now that I am older and see what it does/did to me I understand why my Grandfather was always raising his voice and being grumpy and miserable all the time, he was living with constant anxiety, I lived that until anti-depressants came along which made me somewhat bearable to be around but only keep you "balanced", anxiety still flares at certain moments.

Thanks for letting me Rant/Vent.

21 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

And of course I would be remiss if I did not Thank Pfizer Pharmaceuticals and my Primary Care Physician for keeping me "somewhat" balanced.

Yup.  And the UK's generics manufacturers and NHS for my own daily brain medication.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/7/2020 at 8:53 AM, marvelmaniac said:

HEY!!! I also have OCD so don't leave me out.

My collection (2000 books) is all Raw (except one CGC graded book) and have grades ranging from PR 0.5 to NM 9.4, and none of that bothers me, what used to bother me was incomplete runs, the majority are completed and with the prices going up and up on the books I need and me getting older I have learned to live with those runs being incomplete.

I still have OCD with other things, in a year I have yet to complete an entire season in MLB The Show 19 because if I am winning too easily or getting clobbered and I change skill levels I feel like I am cheating and need to start over, even using Dynamic Difficulty that levels up/down on how well you are playing.

And of course the normal OCD issues..."Everything has a place and there is a place for everything", I cannot leave the house if the bed is not made, dishes are not done and of course I cannot have anything pending.

Amen to your "normal" OCD issues. I am in the same boat.

My wife has a love/hate thing about it, my work however loves it.😆

On 2/7/2020 at 12:35 AM, porcupine48 said:
On 2/6/2020 at 9:58 AM, Gaard said:

I mainly collect lower grade comics. If I get a comic that's higher grade, it just looks too out of place.

Threatening almost,certainly intimidating.

I think we need to meet him at Phil's