• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: ANDOR show (TBD)

133 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2022 at 8:43 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Waiting until 2024 isn’t going to be fun at all.

Was Mon Mothma’s conversation with her husband in the hovercar 

Hide contents

A masterful way of getting the empire off her back and to focus on her husband’s indiscretions as the source of her substantial monetary  transactions? 

Spoiler

Yes, Mon Mothma knows the driver is spying on her so she's throwing her husband under the bus to provide an explanation as to where the missing credits have gone.  Given it's somewhat clear that she's in a rocky relationship built out of tradition and not necessarily love, an outsider could just chalk it up to trust issues.  What I don't understand is if she's going to use Davo to help cook the books, then why does she need to explain away the 400,000 credits?  Does she not trust Davo?  But if that's the case, then why use him at all?  In any case, I LOVE seeing everything Mon Mothma is sacrificing for the rebellion.

On 11/26/2022 at 11:57 PM, ExNihilo said:
  Hide contents

Yes, Mon Mothma knows the driver is spying on her so she's throwing her husband under the bus to provide an explanation as to where the missing credits have gone.  Given it's somewhat clear that she's in a rocky relationship built out of tradition and not necessarily love, an outsider could just chalk it up to trust issues.  What I don't understand is if she's going to use Davo to help cook the books, then why does she need to explain away the 400,000 credits?  Does she not trust Davo?  But if that's the case, then why use him at all?  In any case, I LOVE seeing everything Mon Mothma is sacrificing for the rebellion.

Pretty sure it’s to eliminate any of the blame falling on her, or severity of the punishment, if Davo gets found out cooking books. 

Cooking the books to cover 

Spoiler

Gambling debts 

Isn’t exactly treason. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 11/24/2022 at 5:14 AM, Bosco685 said:

Well, it looks like Episode 2 has also been posted on Hulu. Haven't had to flip over to Disney+ - nor any promotion notes to do so. Though the screen advertisements note "Only on Disney+".

On 11/24/2022 at 3:39 PM, WolverineX said:

Good deal, I will check it out this weekend

It needs to be said that the series involves A LOT of talking and some people will find that boring.  I personally think it builds the tension, but I do admit that some episodes probably could have been cut down or eliminated.  That said, the format of the show and each episode results in a far more interesting season than any other live action Star Wars series we've seen to date.  Mando and Boba Fett all followed a somewhat predictable pattern of character introduction, character introduction, side quest, back to a previously introduced character.  I'm somewhat concerned about the upcoming Ahsoka series because I LOVE Ahsoka and I want the show to be good, but I'm now hesitant because Filoni's style seems to heavily mirror that of the directors from those two series.

Andor to me was a complete departure from everything else.  Superior writing, acting, cinematography, score, story, directing.  Everything.  It's small, but I feel the fact that Andor was actually filmed ON LOCATION is tremendous for the look and feel of the show.  There's something that can't be replicated in that 360 degree projection stage that Favreau and the rest love to use.  I adore Andor, I recognize it has its faults with pacing, but my God does it deliver on all the other fronts.

My wife & I enjoyed Andor.  A great series on what life was like during the empire (story, acting, sets).

Now, we need to go back and watch Rogue One.  I don't think we've seen it since it came out in theaters in 2016.

Spoiler

One of my favorite scenes of the empire getting owned. lol

Edited by Norinn Radd
Awesomeness added

Great -script.  Practical sets on location.  CGI to make beautiful things (the Eye), not just explosions.  Fine acting.  Artistic cinematography. 

PATIENCE in storytelling (which is how I translate 'Star Wars for grown-ups').  In order to pay things off with your characters, you have to give some time into setting them up.

I give the show an A.  Very much looking forward to Season 2. (thumbsu

Dan

so i was really burn out on star wars etc and had not watched this show but finally had time to really get into it

i was not a big fan of rogue one, but have always enjoyed Diego Luna so went into it with very little expectations

10 episodes in and i really love love this series

while the story of Andor is great, and the progression of his character the best part to me is showing who the empire is/was

i don;t think i ever hated the empire, yes i understood all the bad things they did they never really showed it till now, they were horrible

plus the story of the senator has been great, as well as the ISB

the bureaucracy, something tedious has been super interesting

really excited to finish this tonight

On 1/30/2023 at 1:33 PM, jsilverjanet said:

really excited to finish this tonight

Did you like it?  I've rewatched the funeral scene starting with the gong on through maybe ten times.  It's brilliant writing (so few words!) and brilliant acting (so much emoting in virtual silence). Award worthy and getting that recognition.

On 1/31/2023 at 3:39 AM, sfcityduck said:

Did you like it?  I've rewatched the funeral scene starting with the gong on through maybe ten times.  It's brilliant writing (so few words!) and brilliant acting (so much emoting in virtual silence). Award worthy and getting that recognition.

i liked it, someone else told me it was great so my expectations went in a little higher and it did fall short, what i enjoyed was Bix saying he would find them.

like the arc of the character was complete

On 1/31/2023 at 3:39 AM, sfcityduck said:

Skarsgard and Fiona Shaw are incredible in this episode. I watch this scene starting with the flute music often. Watch SS's eyes when listening to Mama Andor's speech about the wound at the center of the galaxy that will not heal, and how the Empire is a disease!! Blows me away every time I watch it. I almost passed on this series to begin with. Had to get this made... 

RixRd.JPG