• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Go Green? ...and I don't mean the Hulk
2 2

83 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about adding this statement to the description of my ebay auctions......

GO GREEN.... Submitting payment on day auction ends helps
reduce trips to post office and helps save the planet.

Who knows if it will motivate or make a difference or even be read since it will be at the end of my description..... Not everyone has the convenience of a post office nearby and since I offer shipping within two days after payment I'm sometimes making multiple trips, eating up gas and my time. Some may have a good reason or need to wait until next pay check (?) but it does bug me when someone makes a last minute buy and then doesn't pay for 4 or 5 days and I need to fit in a post office run.

Discuss....

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I don’t think people will care.

If someone takes a week to pay, I am honest and say hey I’m not going to post offfice for another couple days now so you will have to wait.

Have never had a problem.

You're likely right but it will be an interesting (or not) experiment. I'm set up with guaranteed  2 day shipping to keep up a power seller status..... not even sure if that's worth having.

4 hours ago, jokiing said:

I'm thinking about adding this statement to the description of my ebay auctions......

GO GREEN.... Submitting payment on day auction ends helps
reduce trips to post office and helps save the planet.

Who knows if it will motivate or make a difference or even be read since it will be at the end of my description..... Not everyone has the convenience of a post office nearby and since I offer shipping within two days after payment I'm sometimes making multiple trips, eating up gas and my time. Some may have a good reason or need to wait until next pay check (?) but it does bug me when someone makes a last minute buy and then doesn't pay for 4 or 5 days and I need to fit in a post office run.

Discuss....

Honestly, it sounds kind of passive aggressive.

I get why you are doing this, but it would make me steer clear of your auctions, and I'm a bidder who normally pays right away. 

1 hour ago, D84 said:

I get why you are doing this, but it would make me steer clear of your auctions, and I'm a bidder who normally pays right away. 

Good point.... and I'm one who pays right away as well... maybe that's why it bugs me.

10 minutes ago, jokiing said:
2 hours ago, D84 said:

Good point.... and I'm one who pays right away as well... maybe that's why it bugs me.

You have to realize that good stuff comes in waves, and if you want instant payment...., AND NEEED IT SOOO BAAAD - RIGHT NOW..., then you need to post your special rule, and everyone will ignore it. :sumo: 

24 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

You have to realize that good stuff comes in waves, and if you want instant payment...., AND NEEED IT SOOO BAAAD - RIGHT NOW..., then you need to post your special rule, and everyone will ignore it. :sumo: 

OK, well I didn't stipulate that it's a rule... just a suggestion to maybe motivate. The point was getting opinions about trying to cut down on multiple runs to the post office; not the need for instant payment. I guess the moral of the story is that I shouldn't expect others to have the same values that I would extend. Got it...bad idea.

Just now, jokiing said:

OK, well I didn't stipulate that it's a rule... just a suggestion to maybe motivate. The point was getting opinions about trying to cut down on multiple runs to the post office; not the need for instant payment. I guess the moral of the story is that I shouldn't expect others to have the same values that I would extend. Got it...bad idea.

Especially when the rules of the board, unless possibly expressed differently, have always been, you have 30 days to pay.

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Especially when the rules of the board, unless possibly expressed differently, have always been, you have 30 days to pay.

Was not aware of that board rule although I was only thinking about ebay sales.

Just now, jokiing said:
7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Was not aware of that board rule although I was only thinking about ebay sales.

this aint eBay honey.

I think you would be better served to say, " I only go to the post office on Wed and Sat" or whatever days you want to go.  Any save the planet person will probably be madder at you for putting comics in all those plastic bags anyways. 

1 minute ago, Senormac said:

I think you would be better served to say, " I only go to the post office on Wed and Sat" or whatever days you want to go.  Any save the planet person will probably be madder at you for putting comics in all those plastic bags anyways. 

I must say, I wish they'd quit using all those Styrofoam peanuts.  And I have enough bubblewrap to last until the second coming, and I'm not talking 2020.

Crumpled newspaper works just fine you lazy, earth-destructin' @s.

8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
12 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I must say, I wish they'd quit using all those Styrofoam peanuts.  And I have enough bubblewrap to last until the second coming, and I'm not talking 2020.

Crumpled newspaper works just fine you lazy, earth-destructin' @s.

Haha !!  They will never stop making those white peanut things.  I think that's the reason we are trying to get to Mars.  To send all our UNATURAL and UNCOMPOSTABLE garbage there. 

Edited by Senormac
cuz garbage deserves a place to call home