• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's SPIDER-WOMAN directed by Olivia Wilde (2022?)
1 1

46 posts in this topic

Most recently, Sony has made some waves by reworking their domestic release calendar to make way for even more Marvel-centric projects. While they have shuffled the release dates around for Michael B. Jordan’s A Journal for Jordan, giving it a 2021 Christmas release, and have also pushed back the release date of the film adaptation of Kristin Hannah’s novel, The Nightingale, the most striking changes are the addition of two new untitled Sony/Marvel movies in 2023. In addition to Kraven the Hunter’s existing January 2023 slot, two mystery films have been announced for June 23 and October 6th of that year.

The first thing fans will be asking, of course, is which rumored projects will be taking these coveted release dates. Over recent years, several Marvel projects have been discussed and are all at various stages of development, including long-stagnating plans for a Sinister Six movie. One project that may be among the most likely to take one of those two slots is the film slated to be helmed by Olivia Wilde and is believed to feature Spider-Woman. While Sony has yet to officially confirm that a Spider-Woman film is in development, in 2020, Wilde herself retweeted reports of her being signed to direct a Sony/Marvel film with a telling spider emoji.

Coming up, Wilde has just one on-camera role on her slate — in Damien Chazelle’s “Babylon,” starring Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie, which she describes as a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it cameo. She says she’s fully focused on directing right now, but is absolutely open to acting. “For the right director who I could really learn from, I’d be so psyched.”

Behind the camera, in addition to “Perfect,” she has several projects in the works, including a documentary, two films that she’s just started to develop and a top-secret Marvel project that she refuses to comment on. “That, I can’t say a word about. Yeah, no — I can’t say anything about it,” she says, squirming. “I have to bury myself in the couch now.” She laughs.

“I will say that I think the Marvel approach of allowing newer filmmakers to come into the fold and have access to those tools of the Marvel universe is incredibly exciting. I am a big fan of what they’re doing over there,” she offers, “but, yeah, I can’t confirm whether that is what that is.”

With a sly smile, she blurts out, “But that would be cool.”

Oh c'mon!!!  Isn't it obvious what her Marvel project is.  Let me Kevin Bacon this...

-  She got a divorce from Jason Sudeikis

-  Coupled up with Harry Styles

-  Harry Styles plays Starfox in The Eternals

-  There's an Eternals II (rumored) to be coming

So...she's making a Disney+ Starfox series:idea:

***You heard it here first

As “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse” finally hits theaters this weekend, the producers behind the trilogy have their attention set on the third installment, next year’s “Beyond the Spider-Verse.” However, that’s not the only web-slinging project that’s on their minds.

Producer Amy Pascal says a Spider-Woman and live-action Miles Morales movie are in the works. “You’ll see all of it,” she told me Tuesday at the “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse” premiere in Los Angeles. “It’s all happening.”

Producer Avi Arad teased that moviegoers will see a “Spider-Woman” movie “sooner than you expect.”

“I cannot tell you yet, but it’s coming,” he said.