• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Godzilla (1977) Club
1 1

138 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2022 at 7:33 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Godzilla seems like a fun run to complete😷👍‼️😃

Love Trimpe's artwork on the Monster, the humans not so much. The 'zilla OCA splash pages present very nice.

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/3/2022 at 10:46 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Holy carp!!!

Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 10.44.37 PM.png

As I said a few pages back Pop Culture Film Franchises collide! 

Great Book Godzilla + Avengers cover, Godzilla + Fantastic Four page 1 splash, most of the interior pages feature some combination of Godzilla + Avengers, FF, SHIELD.

Simply one of my favorite all-time comics books.

P.S.  :) Was that only a tracking bid  on your part?  BTW Comic link really needs to get a website and system that is from this century!

Edited by MAR1979

On 4/3/2022 at 10:55 PM, MAR1979 said:

As I said a few pages back Pop Culture Film Franchises collide! 

Great Book Godzilla + Avengers cover, Godzilla + Fantastic Four page 1 splash, most of the interior pages feature some combination of Godzilla + Avengers, FF, SHIELD.

Simply one of my favorite all-time comics books.

P.S. $111 was wishful thinking :) Was just a  tracking bid  on your part?  BTW Comic link really needs to get a website and system that is from this century!

Yes, it was a tracking bid, I have my 9.8 ;-).  If I won it at $111 I would have been ecstatic!

On 4/4/2022 at 10:28 AM, MAR1979 said:

All 9.8 roads run through #24

I remember when there were only 4 9.8s on the census and it is still tough to find in 9.8

Census shows 10 Blue labels but there are really only 9 as I had my 9.8 SSed not through CGC. I emailed them to update the census but the refused to since the SS was not done in house. I even got a PQ bump lol

Godzilla 24 CGC.jpg

godzilla 24.jpg

Edited by Jordysnordy

@Jordysnordy Did you sell that #17 9.8 on eBay awhile back? If so how did you end up with 2?

@djpinkpanther67 WWC has a #16 NM++ raw for sale. It might be worth the gamble to get it graded. I bought a #17 NM++ from them and it came back a 9.8.

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 4/4/2022 at 12:13 PM, Xenosmilus said:

@Jordysnordy Did you sell that #17 9.8 on eBay awhile back? If so how did you end up with 2?

@djpinkpanther67 WWC has a #16 NM++ raw for sale. It might be worth the gamble to get it graded. I bought a #17 NM++ from them and it came back a 9.8.

I sold it on the boards to @djpinkpanther67. I THINK I bought it on eBay a few years back - no clue why I bought a 2nd copy 😆 

On 4/4/2022 at 12:13 PM, Xenosmilus said:

They have an 11 that looks like it has a shot at 9.8, but the 16 won’t make the cut 

On 4/4/2022 at 6:00 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I could have swore there was one posted on eBay with your name as the seller and an American address…?

I do have US address but I'm pretty sure @djpinkpanther67bought it on the boards from me - maybe he can confirm. I may have had it listed once upon a time on eBay 

Edit I think he bought 20 from me when I upgraded to an SS copy

Edited by Jordysnordy

On 4/4/2022 at 7:18 PM, Jordysnordy said:

I do have US address but I'm pretty sure @djpinkpanther67bought it on the boards from me - maybe he can confirm. I may have had it listed once upon a time on eBay 

Edit I think he bought 20 from me when I upgraded to an SS copy

It was #20 I got from you. :foryou: