• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man, Spider-Man--Everywhere!

13 posts in this topic

When I was a kid, the only way you would see Spider-Man was on the cover of your favorite comic. Now, it's incredible how many different SPidey products that are out there. My kids have Spidey backpacks, foam chairs, a kids couch, T-shirts, pants, undies, toys, cars, shoes, etc. It's funny, but the movies have made Spider-Man cool, but the comics don't really seem to have benefitted that much--at least not sales of new issues. The old ones keep going up and up...

V/R,

Mike

Everytime I go into a Target or Wal-Mart or any of a hundred other stores and see amazingly cool Spider-Man items in every single category possible, a Spider-Man something or other for any application in life, it drives me absolutely insane when I think how wonderful it would have been to have all those choices in the '70s when I could have filled my room with Spider-Man stuff in every size and shape.

But since I never really had to grow up all that much, I occasionally indulge, which accounts for some of the Spider-Man pillows in the living room, the really neat Spider-Man cloth Halloween trick or treat basket that sits in the foyer, the Spider-Man toothbrush in the bathroom, and so on. laugh.gif

THWIP!

The problem with so many products with spidey is they have the most insane spidey products ever.

spidey is whoring himself out to everyone

Awwww stop being such a purist...

Anything that is half way popular in the US get drubbed down to dust.

It's just the american way pal, accept it!

grin.gif

I accept it

I just dont have to like it.

to put it in another light...

if Elion Gonzales was drubbed into the ground anybody can be.

insane.gif

....I still have a piece of his inner tube that I won off E-bay back in 1999,....I wonder what I can get for it now?..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When I was a kid, the only way you would see Spider-Man was on the cover of your favorite comic. Now, it's incredible how many different SPidey products that are out there. My kids have Spidey backpacks, foam chairs, a kids couch, T-shirts, pants, undies, toys, cars, shoes, etc. It's funny, but the movies have made Spider-Man cool, but the comics don't really seem to have benefitted that much--at least not sales of new issues. The old ones keep going up and up...

V/R,

Mike

No kidding. The only piece of non-comic book items I had back in 1979/80 were a Superman pen and a plastic Spider-Man web shooter that I got from a gum-ball machine. crazy.gif I can't believe the Superman pen still works.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The problem with so many products with spidey is they have the most insane spidey products ever.

spidey is whoring himself out to everyone

Oh yeah, and how 'bout all that "Krusty" stuff out there. Don't get me started. mad.gif