• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
5 5

669 posts in this topic

This  seems to be as good a  time  as any to review the new format.

CATRICK'S  CORNUCOPIA, NEW AND IMPROVED FORMAT!

So here  I  was  at midday yesterday,   staring  at  an entire  magazine  box  plump full of  comics I've listed in the  last four  days..,and there  was  the  pitiful 
little  table  with  the sold items,  consisting of  a  few pulps and  TEN  LONESOME  FUNNYBOOKS.

Typing  my fingers to the bone,   developing  a  bad case  of Scanner's  Elbow,  and let's not mention my  hemorrhoids, shall  we?

I thought and thought,   and only  came up  with  four  possibilities.

1.  Everyone's  broke  and still  trying to  clear the Christmas bills.,
2. Everyone's   saving up for C2E2  and sitting on their wallets.
3. I've lost my  touch  somehow,  and am not  listing  good  stuff  for  all  my buddies  to buy.
4.  You're  all  a bunch of cheapskates. 

WELL!    Obviously  #3 was  a mere  daydream,   a passing fancy.  Catrick losing  his touch?  Naaah.  NEVER!

But  that left  the other  three  to consider,  and here  I was feeling  sorry  for all  my  poor  broke  and frugal buddies,  and  thinking  good thoughts about  
anyone  attending  C2E2  this year,  when my  newest  Bestie,  Comical  Situations  (Howdy pal!)  came through  with  a  grand offer   and  hoovered  up five
fine  vintage  comics,  increasing  my  numbers by 50  percent. 

So it has  become obvious.  You're  all  a  bunch  of    cheap  S.O.B.'s,   :banana:lol 

So here is  my new  format,   handcrafted  for  you   cheapies.  

MOVING FORWARD  FROM   NOW,    ALL  BOOKS   I  LIST  ARE  A  FLAT  TEN  BUCKS    APIECE.  

There  will  be  a few  that are fair priced  at $10,  a  good number  that  are  better than  half   off,  and   big ol' pile  that  I'm  just  plain  giving  away.
Take  a  good  look,   there  are  some  damned fine  bargains coming up.

And  yeah,   I  see my  PM  inbox lighting  up,   but I'm ignoring it  while  I  get things  going  here.  

You're getting  a  scan  and  a  brief   description,   for  ten bucks  I'm not  adding   to  my  carpal  tunnel,   :D

THE FUN STARTS  AGAIN THIS  EVENING  AT  7:30 PM  EST!

The proof is in the pudding, after the format change I more than DOUBLED  the amount of comics  sold, thereby  proving my  theory.

You're all  cheap, lollol 

Edited by catrick339

Well,   here's  another  placeholder,  seeing  as  how  I  finished  the  pile of scans for this  evening. 

T-Man 28  COMMIES!  Your  basic G

$10

mT7qDCi.jpg

Just a bit over two hours until  we  tear back into  it,  here's  another   teaser.

Bob Steele 5  VG or close to it 

$10  SOLD!

udDFn4c.jpg

Edited by catrick339